Apple - September 9 Event

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Aaron, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Yep. iOS for both iPhone and iPad.

I'm perfectly content with waiting the three weeks, considering it could have been a lot longer. I just want to see it in person before then.

2. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I have so much crap going on, at least I got something looking forward this Wednesday.

3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Since it looks like you'll be the first one getting one, we expect pictures. :D

4. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I'll be happy to oblige!

It's really happening... I just got shipment notification with tracking ID. The phone is in West Chester, PA.

5. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It would be a better review list if he had an actual i6 instead of a picture of one on an iPad. I'm guessing his forthcoming video of why the S5 is better than the i6 will be just as flawed. It's hardly objective or technical.

8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

It's yahoo. As long as it gets clicks they don't care.

Honestly if the 6 was anything like the 4s or 5 was (same style) I would have taken a hard look at Windows Phone or Android. Luckily I won't have to. :D

9. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I seriously doubt it, but if I can plan things out right, I may be able to get the iPhone 6 soon. Most likely past my contact date and whenever they have them in stock in stores or online. Plus I still prefer the 6, but I been thinking seriously about the 6+ if it feels good in my hand.

10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Sold my iPad mini to recoup some of the $400 I dropped on the 6 Plus. And they would have been redundant devices anyway. Happy!

Aaron likes this.
  11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Figure if there isn't a line out the door by that point I might decide to eyeball an iPhone 6 plus after work today.

We should be expecting pictures from Aaron today?:D

Aaron likes this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I went by Best Buy last night to pick up a cable, and there was one lone guy camping out waiting for a 6.
    This morning on TV, there were more than 5,000 people lined up at the Apple Store in NYC to get one.

13. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I worked geek squad over the holidays last year. Quite a frequent occurrence. They're posting pictures on all the Mac sites of the lines around the block at Apple stores around the world. Should eclipse sales of the 5S by quite a lot.

14. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I went to the Apple Store after work and played around with the 6 Plus and it'll fit nicely in my hand. The screen is gigantic compared to the 4S but it's not as big as pictured it originally. Still more than sufficient. They didn't have a lot of apps to play around with on it short of the defaults, but I think it'll work.

15. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Anyone get the 6, either size yet? The girl ordered one but won't see it for a few more weeks. Our local verizon store only had 128G phones left.

16. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Mine is in 'Preparing for Shipping' mode, probably on the slow boat from China. Due to arrive Oct 13-20.

17. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I got the 6 last Friday. Really enjoying it!
    Iphone 6 / 6 Plus | Digital Radio Central

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  18. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I pre-order it last Friday, they suppose to get more in this weekend at my local Best Buy and so far nothing.

19. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Cool. The wife's human sized 6 is due to arrive at the house any minute now. I think a ton of people like her have been sitting on a 4 or 4S and pulled the trigger now that their contract is up.

20. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

The 6 plus is arriving Thursday. Due before 8pm. Hopefully I'll get it right when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk