Apple Tv About To Roll Out Streaming Tv Service

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Andrew8468, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

The software is upgradable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

The new Apple TV is rumored to run iOS. The old Apple TV may not be able to run that OS.

3. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

These are all rumors and we won't know, until Apple reveals the next generation. But I have read and heard rumors, that the old TV at least the last couple generations will still support and work for it.

Plus I listen to some tech news podcast, and supposedly bunch of new Apple TVs are already made, there just sitting in a giant warehouse until Apple makes a TV deal with the major companies and they will release them. So I doubt we will see any new TV devices sometime next year?

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

That would be stupid business so unlikely. Once you make it, it becomes out of date. Once they are ready, lock in the latest features and mass produce.

5. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I would agree, but I heard that from Leo Laporte podcast show on the TWIT network. I can't go along if it true, but that where I usually get my tech news from.

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Apple TV 2015 release date rumours and guide to expected features - News - Macworld UK

Don't buy an Apple TV yet.

7. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

What will September’s new iOS 9-based Apple TV bring to the living room? | 9to5Mac

With your article and mine, it does mention the new iOS 9 software and my article shows what the new apple tv supposedly looks like. But reading about it could work for the older apple tv's? So it doesn't matter, if somebody wants to get one now or later. I will probably buy a new one next year with all the new bell and whistles, if it true and has most of those features.

8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure not having the streaming service is a huge deal breaker since I barely watch live TV anymore. It will hopefully include what I really want which is universal search. One search across all apps instead of each individual one.

9. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

I think I am going to hold off until the announcement on September 9 and take it from there. I doubt the streaming service will reach Canada anytime soon. I think Apple is concentrating on getting the US version up and running.

Wolf likes this.
  10. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Cool I'm glad you went with my idea over meme! :p

memebag likes this.
  11. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Changing operating systems is a big deal for the hardware. They may also upgrade the older Apple TVs in September, but it may be the final upgrade as they switch to iOS.

I like my Apple TV. I hope the new one is cool.

12. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

If everything they're saying about it is true so far, it's going to be tons better than the current version.

13. Andrew8468

14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

15. Andrew8468

Well guess the decision has been made.

16. Andrew8468

17. Andrew8468

Welp I just bit the goose that laid the golden egg and ordered the 32GB 4th generation Apple TV. Delivery is November 3-5. I'm looking at it as an early Christmas present to myself.

This is the second time I have bought an Apple product on Day 1. The other is the iPhone 5 my sister is still using.

HecticArt likes this.
  18. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

By the time I'm ready to buy again, it'll make a nice Birthday gift. Around February or so.

19. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I haven't seen a reason to buy this yet. What is the killer app?

20. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

The App Store, really. Where you can pick and choose what you want instead of having to hide WatchESPN. And universal search among all your subscribed services.