Baby, it's cold outside!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
They're now forecasting 2-3 feet for my area. Was going to Costco this weekend, think I'll make that today.

• Wow
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I know I've been bragging a lot but give it to me. I'm like 60 days away from dealing with unimaginable heat and humidity.

It's been (one week) a few weeks now with low 80's in the day and high 60's at night. Pretty much perfect. Up in Kissimmee it was even cooler, 70's/50's.

You guys were talking about wind...It's really windy here now. It was enough that it shook the RAV a bit...wanted to push it off the road. I had to adjust my driving to deal with it.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I enjoy having all four seasons here in NH. But I wish they weren't so extreme. Instead of climbing as high as 99 degrees (and a sticky 65 low at night) in July, I wish it peaked at 90 as a rare occasion. And winter.... I never need a day to go below 40/20 for high and low. Highs of 15 and lows in the negatives are brutal.

Today's real nice though...

Sun and clouds mixed. Near record high temperatures. High 63F.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Costco wasn't too bad when I got there, but it was packed by the time I left. I got what I needed, I ain't going nowhere this weekend!

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I enjoy having all four seasons here in NH. But I wish they weren't so extreme. Instead of climbing as high as 99 degrees (and a sticky 65 low at night) in July, I wish it peaked at 90 as a rare occasion. And winter.... I never need a day to go below 40/20 for high and low. Highs of 15 and lows in the negatives are brutal.

Today's real nice though...

Sun and clouds mixed. Near record high temperatures. High 63F.
1615490348494.png

Same here. Yeah, I'd say that all of us who live anywhere in the northeast or mid-west would love to live somewhere with moderate temps. But where's that?

- Coastal San Diego
- Some parts of San Francisco
- Maybe Seattle or Portland (OR), but they don't have a lot of sun
- Hawaii

If it's any consolation, I grew up in NJ, which is much more humid, especially at night. When it's in the 50s here at night, it's 70s and humid there. So no place is really ideal.

Reactions: sadchild

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
November through April is great here. Generally 40s through low 80's, with occasional nights in the 20s and 30s.

May through October is usually uncomfortably hot and humid. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
- Coastal San Diego
- Some parts of San Francisco
- Maybe Seattle or Portland (OR), but they don't have a lot of sun
- Hawaii
Yeah. And I'd like to stay east coast -- if I move south after retiring. I'm considering between DC and Atlanta.

DC gets 1/3rd the snow Concord NH gets. And averages 61 days where it gets down to 32° (Boston has 92 of those days so I assume Concord NH has more than 100).

Atlanta, GA may see occasional snowflakes but almost never has accumulation, and only 48 days get down to 32°. Sounds pretty ood to me.

I had a friend move to Savannah, GA and he said it was way too hot, so Altanta is as far south as I'd go.

Reactions: semipenguin

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Based on my exposure to DC and Virginia in the summer, it's much more humid than NJ, which is much more humid than up here. So I doubt you'd find it "pleasant". It might be milder if you're right on the ocean, but that's expensive.

My neighbor, who's a retired cardiologist, spends May through November up here, and the rest down in Boca Raton, in a gated resort community. That's the way to go, if you're loaded.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The temps are above freezing which is good. Friday we had howling winds from the NW. Saturday we had howling winds from the SE. Today it's back from the NW. I don't recall a windier March.

The patio umbrella is still holding.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
By my measurements, 2 feet of snow fell overnight in my area. With a forecast 8-12" ADDITIONAL! On the way! And it's the heavy wet stuff that'll do wonders for the snowpack and moisture levels, but is hell to shovel.
53 today, 36 tomorrow, then iy'll be working it's way back up to the 50''s by the end of the week. It might hit the low 60's the following week.
I'm not complaining.
The temps are above freezing which is good. Friday we had howling winds from the NW. Saturday we had howling winds from the SE. Today it's back from the NW. I don't recall a windier March.

The patio umbrella is still holding.
Manitoba. :rolleyes:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Friday was in the 60s, I grilled chicken on the bone, ribs on the bone, and corn on the bone. Yesterday and today it's been seasonal, low 40s. Tomorrow will be the one day in the 20s.