BBM for iOS and Android this summer

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
True. And until this summer, neither was BBM. But what is the difference between the 2 regarding functionality?

Channels, Video, Chat finding new users using wikitude or other location based services.

I haven't used it since September but from what I remember it is more social where as imessage is more texting with people that you already know.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Knowing Apple they'll probably turn iMessage into a clone of BBM just to compete with it.

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I think the future of the mobile computing, which is what smart phones are quickly becoming, will have to be cross platform based. I'm a BlackBerry user and I have to say the newest BlackBerry's are open to other platforms as a big part of the re-building BlackBerry by the new blood running the business. It only took them almost loosing everything to see that corporate devices only wasn't where the world is going.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I was going to try BBM but I really like Go SMS Pro. If you have Android give it a shot. It's a great replacement for the stock SMS app and its free. My plan through our company has unlimited SMS so I just use that app. If I didn't have unlimited SMS I would give BBM a shot. Is is really that good?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I only text stuff like "Wanna go eat?", and then only rarely. I can't see myself getting excited over a messaging app.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
iMessage is pretty much the same thing right? I've already got that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Is iMessage cross platform?

I couldn't get it to work on my ipad after I got rid of my iphone.

Turning it on in settings usually works.

There are plenty of cross-platform 3rd party apps that aren't associated with the steaming pile that Blackberry is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free