Beats Music

zevious

Oct 12, 2008
Has anyone else checked this out yet? This service is just about perfect once you get signed up. The iOS app crashes occasionally. Otherwise, this has it all: great sound, on demand for any album, genres, customized playlists, offline support.

I do not see why I'd want to use the others anymore.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Has anyone else checked this out yet? This service is just about perfect once you get signed up. The iOS app crashes occasionally. Otherwise, this has it all: great sound, on demand for any album, genres, customized playlists, offline support.

I do not see why I'd want to use the others anymore.

Doesn't seem much better than Spotify to me... Some of the personalization aspects seem interesting, but I'm not convinced they will work as well as they are claiming. I'll be interested to hear how this works out for some people, but I'm not convinced I need to make a change yet.

My thinking seems to follow along with this guy: What Are the Chances of Survival for Beats Music? | Variety
Not sure $10/month is something they can sustain for long and compete.

zevious

Oct 12, 2008
If you are looking free, maybe not.

Check out Beats using high quality. I do not think there is any service out there that sounds as good.

MikeJW

Oct 27, 2008
these are the guys who bought MOG, so this is basically MOG's service with new ownership. I've been a MOG subscriber for several years and love it. To me, it's been the best music on demand service around. I hope Beats continues this, if so I will remain with them.

zevious

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, same here. I have been a long time MOG subscriber because I liked the on demand service offered. I didn't always use it for general listening as I didn't find it as easy to just pick something to play as background music. I am finding Beats better in that regard. We'll see how it goes after the newness wears off.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I downloaded Beata just now. It has a very narrow view of genres. I couldn't find any way to tell it I liked ska, garage rock, shoegazer, etc. I hearted a bunch of songs in genres I liked, but it's recommendations were all Jackson Browne, Creedence and Death Cab for Cutie. Blech.