Blackberry App for Lifetime Subscribers

jojopuppyfish

Nov 3, 2009
How come the blackberry app for sirius subscribers are only for premium internet subscribers?
I have a lifetime subscription but that only comes with regular internet access.
Does anyone know of a way to listen to sirius on the blackberry with regular streaming access?

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
How come the blackberry app for sirius subscribers are only for premium internet subscribers?
I have a lifetime subscription but that only comes with regular internet access.
Does anyone know of a way to listen to sirius on the blackberry with regular streaming access?

As far as I know, the streaming apps (regardless of platform) require the internet stream add on to your sub. There is no regular (free with a radio sub) streaming access. That went away after the merger.

Last edited:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
GoodDog is correct. You need to pay the $2.99/month. The "free" lifetime streaming is for the low bandwidth stream on a computer only.

There used to be some paid apps (like Wunderradio for iPhone/iPod Touch) that you could use to stream the low bandwidth stream using a web browser. I don't think that's possible anymore.

I pay for the on-line streaming since I have a Sonos system at home/work. The added benefit is that it works on all of my mobile devices.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I found this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbZGrQkVC3A]YouTube - Sirius Radio Streaming to BlackBerry Bold[/ame]

Try replacing "uSirius" (defunct) with "Sirius XM Streamer".

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA

jojopuppyfish

Nov 3, 2009
See, as a lifetime subscriber back in 2006, I got free internet streaming.
As time has progressed, they have watered that down.
I talked to a lawyer I knew and he wanted to see the original contract.
Sirius says they do all that verbally.
Anyways, I still have a low bit stream, but it works on my squeezebox and the Sirius XM Streamer for the pc. It sucks they don't provide for lifetime subscribers.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Not to get all technical on you, but they still do provide the lifetime streaming for grandfathered subs on your computer...just not on mobile devices. If you want the mobile device connectivity, you have to pay up. It kind of sucks, but it is what it is. Hexagram had a good idea up above, but that's about all you can do on a mobile without the monthly streaming upgrade fee.

hexagram

Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
It should work. "Sirius XM Streamer" spits out the forwarding URLs in the same manner as "uSirius" did.

I know that TVersity works perfectly with "Sirius XM Streamer". You can also use that program to create a playlist, and set it up so you can play on the go.

http://www.tversity.com