Box Office Predictions

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Jun 2, 2016.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

They re-used the same idea over for at least a 3rd time. Calling it a reboot or restart doesn't change that.

2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I thought you meant it was literally a remake of a remake of a remake. Of course the story has been told before. Hundreds or thousands of times. There are 36 dramatic situations. Nothing is original.

I don't know what happens in this Kong. It doesn't look like the story told in the 1933 film. Like I said above, it looks like "Apocalypse Now" based on the trailer. Of course, that was a remake of "Heart of Darkness".

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The monkey............

The monkey.......

4. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Although the critics were harsh and turn out was low for Table 19, I enjoyed it. Ironically, at our cinema it was shown in theater 14, the last and farthest theater room at our cinema. its actually kindve hidden from the rest of the theater rooms.

5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I couldn't decide if that movie was going to be a dud, decent, or a hit when it made it to cable.
    Glad you liked it.

6. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

HecticArt likes this.
  7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Do not doubt Kong!

kingchuck69 likes this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I heard Beauty and The Beast might do over $200 million.

9. kingchuck69

My father and I both saw Kong just now. It was kinda meh. Very predictable.

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

There's no,way you predicted
    Tom Hiddleston slicing that many pterodactyls with a katana while running through a cloud of bright green gas.
    Or
    Kong falling into a conveniently Kong sized chain in just such a way that he would be trapped for a bit, then break free and use the boat propeller mysteriously attached to the oh so convenient chain.
    Or
    John C. Reilly wasting the PG-13 movie's single "fuck" on ants we never see, while THE Samuel L. Jackson gets squished by Kong right after the "mother-".
    No way.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  11. kingchuck69

OK, so those parts weren't that predictable. But the rest of the movie was. This being a prequel, I knew that Kong would live at the end. At least some of the people who went on Skull Island made it out alive.

12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You wanted Kong to die???

13. kingchuck69

I didn't say I wanted him to die. I've seen the 1933 original and the 2005 remake. If Kong died in this movie, then what's the point?

14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I don't understand your question. What's the point of what?

You complained that the movie was predictable and that you knew Kong wouldn't die. (Spoiler alert everyone else: Kong does not die!) That means for the movie to be unpredictable, which you seem to want, Kong would have to die.

Don't even pretend to wish Kong dead. Kong is the shizzle.

15. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Are your teeth acting-up again?

16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

My teeth are great - thanks for asking! I got two new bridges since my head exploded.

17. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

You seem extra-surly, maybe it's taint chafing.

HecticArt likes this.
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

You stole my line!

scotchandcigar likes this.
  19. kingchuck69

I was referring to certain moments of the movie, like when Kong beats up one of the lizards and tries to break its jaw. Seen it in the other Kong movies.

20. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Yes, that was an homage to the original.