Box Office Predictions

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Saw Alien tonight.
It was alright. A decent amount of tension through the whole thing, but I was hoping for more.
I was still glad I saw it on the big screen. It was cool to watch.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Saw Alien tonight.
It was alright. A decent amount of tension through the whole thing, but I was hoping for more.
I was still glad I saw it on the big screen. It was cool to watch.

wasn't that twist WAY too easy to spot?

now there are a lot of flaws/inconsistencies with the movie if you want go deep into the alien universe:

but the more i think about it the more i enjoyed it. it was a lot of fun and just what i want from a summer movie. space, violence, shit blowing up. overall a very good time.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Funny video.

That video covers a lot of the problems. I saw the twists pretty early on. David, the flute, David cutting his hand off. The only decent coverup was that I expected David's neck to start seeping robot blood where he had been stabbed by the nail, but they covered that when they showed Walter's skin heal a little earlier. They lost it though when they had to staple David's skin back together. A lot of flaws.

Still a fun movie to watch, but Alien and Aliens were the best of the franchise.

Reactions: JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good for her.
All of the clowns getting upset about the chicks only viewings, seemed to have helped the box office draw.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Happy to see Baby Driver out performed expectations. I really like Edgar Wright and am going to see it tomorrow.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I think Apes will remain on top. Dunkirk doesn't seem to have "summer box office hit" written all over it.

I think Dunkirk will come out on top. It's the new Saving Private Ryan. The interesting thing will be to see if Apes or Valerian manage to get the #2 spot.