Bubba gives Radioio Show details

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
And people won't have to pay for the first 90 days it seems, so the intro or lack thereof shouldn't make a major difference. Ballsy business strategy, but it could pay off with good sponsor $. And with the free period, can we put a moratorium on people that don't pay bitching about shit? :jj:

People who freeload automatically lose their right to bitch, IMO.

It's like walking in through the "exit" door of a theater and complaining about a movie. You just don't do it.

They'll still complain though.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Can we rewind for Stern fans. Is this Bubba announcing he will not return to Sirius? Cause that is a pretty big deal.

Most likely, he won't be coming back. He's gotten no calls from Sirius XM and neither side looks like they'll be pushing the issue.

Yeah, apparently Sirius would rather get as many stars as they can, in hopes of getting all their fans, rather than drawing in actual radio talent.

I wonder when Shaq and Bow Wow are gonna get channels. :rolleyes:

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
I don't think this means he absolutely won't be on Sirius next year. He's been hinting at this all year. But Sirius isn't going to talk to Bubba until they know what's up with Howard. Sirius could turn out to be just another syndicated affiliate replaying the show in the afternoon with uncensored bits.

Bubba has been looking for a way to sell old shows for some time. Until now, he hasn't been able to do that. Radioio has been around for a few years geared more towards business with a "Muzak" type service.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I don't think this means he absolutely won't be on Sirius next year. He's been hinting at this all year. But Sirius isn't going to talk to Bubba until they know what's up with Howard. Sirius could turn out to be just another syndicated affiliate replaying the show in the afternoon with uncensored bits.
I asked him about that possibility on Twitter. He said "no" but I still think it's possible.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
woopty doo. testicular replay shows on sirius with uncensored bits. sorry, but I"m not paying a subscription for that. I mean 2 years of that is more than enough in my opinion.

Mulefan100

Dec 9, 2008
This sucks. I don't need to pay money to hear OLD CONTENT (Goes for you too Howard!!) I already have 2 lifetime subs. Sirius will most likely continue to pick up his testical show. But paying extra to hear an uncensored 2 hour show? C'mon. No reason Sirius can't work a deal to play that too. I really don't see this working anyway. Testical show from 6-10, then a 2 hour uncensored show. Yeah, right. Didn't they just get through almost killing themselves working 8 hours a day? 6 hours aint much better. Sirius better get it together. They finally got the stock up over $1.00 and now they are going to dump talent?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Most likely, he won't be coming back. He's gotten no calls from Sirius XM and neither side looks like they'll be pushing the issue.

How is he supposed to get a call from Sirius XM when they haven't finalized the Stern deal yet? These are the Stern channels. Howard has to be on board FIRST. Then they will work on all the shows on the Stern channels.

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
How is he supposed to get a call from Sirius XM when they haven't finalized the Stern deal yet? These are the Stern channels. Howard has to be on board FIRST. Then they will work on all the shows on the Stern channels.

If that's the case you would hope they'd at least communicate that to him. From the way it sounds (according to Bubba) there has been no contact whatsoever.

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
One would think after he's been telling Sirius to fuck off this entire year publicly that they would kindly be considerate and call and give him advanced notice.

Exactly! ;)

Yeah I kind of forgot about that.

Last week Ferrall was saying that every year he gets jerked around with his contract. I think it's funny whenever Howard says "when I was building these channels", if Howard was really the guy who said "I want Scott Ferrall and Bubba The Love Sponge" he would've gone to Sirius brass long ago and said get these guys signed to exclusive/multi-year deals.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com

One would think after he's been telling Sirius to fuck off this entire year publicly that they would kindly be considerate and call and give him advanced notice.

I didn't say that, I'm just filling in those that haven't been following the drama. I don't exactly blame them for not making it a priority when Bubba is making his other plans quite clear.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I have a question for some of you guys. I know when Howard did his bullshit talk about going to SIM card and Internet a lot of people were not happy. Some said they would not pay $5 to $7 to listen to Howard for 3 days a week and all that vacation. My question is why are you willing to pay that for Bubba when its only 2 hours a day and he takes most of the summer Fridays off plus his vacations?

From what I can see Bubba would do maybe 10 hours of uncensored radio a week. If Howard wasn't full of shit and really went to the net he would provide probably 12 to 13 hours a week plus old show replays. So again why no to Howard and yes to Bubba?

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
So again why no to Howard and yes to Bubba?

Howards show is still as good now as it was 10 years ago for me, but the possibility of him only being on air for 3 days with summers off for his next contract makes me a little cold to the show going forward. He wants less work with WAY more time off for the same amount or more once the 3 year price freeze expires. He has definitely earned it over the years, but I cant support a show that is constantly on vacation.

Bubba's show is always decent. He is no Howard, but he is something to me that Howard is not, and that is down to earth.

Bubba doesnt eat at Nobu, have a $20 Million vacation home in the Hamptons, and has everybody do everything for him. (IE: Cleaning People, Dog Walkers, etc..etc..etc..)

He also doesnt have famous guests always stopping in. Thats where the 2 shows differ, in my opinion. I tune into Howard to see which celebrities he is interviewing, and then I tune into Bubba for some down to earth, rugged man talk between the guys.

If we only get 10 hours a week uncensored with Bubbas new gig, it will be without commercials and he wont take as much vacation as Howard wants this time around.

Even if Bubba provides less content while uncensored, you will still get more show for less money if you add the terrestrial show time.

This is what made Sirius so great, especially at the beginning. I had an opportunity to listen to 2 great radio shows. Now that Howard and Bubba are going to be on separate services, I will have to choose between both of them. I give an edge to Bubba because I find his show more interesting at times.

My pocketbook can't support both shows on 2 separate services...

Last edited:

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I have a question for some of you guys. I know when Howard did his bullshit talk about going to SIM card and Internet a lot of people were not happy. Some said they would not pay $5 to $7 to listen to Howard for 3 days a week and all that vacation. My question is why are you willing to pay that for Bubba when its only 2 hours a day and he takes most of the summer Fridays off plus his vacations?

From what I can see Bubba would do maybe 10 hours of uncensored radio a week. If Howard wasn't full of shit and really went to the net he would provide probably 12 to 13 hours a week plus old show replays. So again why no to Howard and yes to Bubba?
I never thought about it quite frankly. Because I've always been confident Howard is coming back to Sirius XM. And I would never criticize Howard for trying another medium without being aware of the specifics, schedule, price, etc. Even if I didn't think said plan was worth the cost, I'd admire his willingness to try something new.

And it isn't just the 10 uncensored hours, but the whole back catalog of material and spin off shows that appeals to me. Whatever else is on the service is a bonus. I quite enjoy the playlist of "Fuzz" a sort of combination of Liquid Metal and the old Punk channel.

I like classic Stern, and classic Bubba has gotten even less play so it'll be interesting to hear.
If we only get 10 hours a week uncensored with Bubbas new gig, it will be without commercials and he wont take as much vacation as Howard wants this time around.

Even if Bubba provides less content while uncensored, you will still get more show for less money if you add the terrestrial show time.
One of radioio's plans is an ad supported stream for $1 a month, but going by what the website and Bubba say, $5 a month will get you the show without commercials.

Last edited:

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Howards show is still as good now as it was 10 years ago for me, but the possibility of him only being on air for 3 days with summers off for his next contract makes me a little cold to the show going forward. He wants less work with WAY more time off for the same amount or more once the 3 year price freeze expires. He has definitely earned it over the years, but I cant support a show that is constantly on vacation.

Bubba's show is always decent. He is no Howard, but he is something to me that Howard is not, and that is down to earth.

Bubba doesnt eat at Nobu, have a $20 Million vacation home in the Hamptons, and has everybody do everything for him. (IE: Cleaning People, Dog Walkers, etc..etc..etc..)

He also doesnt have famous guests always stopping in. Thats where the 2 shows differ, in my opinion. I tune into Howard to see which celebrities he is interviewing, and then I tune into Bubba for some down to earth, rugged man talk between the guys.

This is what made Sirius so great, especially at the beginning. I had an opportunity to listen to 2 great radio shows. Now that Howard and Bubba are going to be on separate services, I will have to choose between both of them. I give an edge to Bubba because I find his show more interesting at times.

My pocketbook can't support both shows on 2 separate services...

I never thought about it quite frankly. Because I've always been confident Howard is coming back to Sirius XM. And I would never criticize Howard for trying another medium without being aware of the specifics, schedule, price, etc. Even if I didn't think said plan was worth the cost, I'd admire his willingness to try something new.

And it isn't just the 10 uncensored hours, but the whole back catalog of material and spin off shows that appeals to me. Whatever else is on the service is a bonus. I quite enjoy the playlist of "Fuzz" a sort of combination of Liquid Metal and the old Punk channel.

I like classic Stern, and classic Bubba has gotten even less play so it'll be interesting to hear.

One of radioio's plans is an ad supported stream for $1 a month, but going by what the website and Bubba say, $5 a month will get you the show without commercials.

Thanks guys for your honest opinions. Personally I don't think I would subscribe for Howard if he did the whole Internet thing. I already paid for two lifetimed radios and countless other radios. I was one of the people that had no idea Howard was only going to work 4 days a week. That really pissed me off. I got used to it, but it still pissed me off. I spent a lot of money to follow Howard.
I just don't think I could keep following him if he left and worked less days and had summers off.

As for Bubba I will listen for 90 days and decide. I do get what your saying blueneon36 Bubbas show is different than Howards and thats why I like it too. I wish there was a way he could stay with Sirius. I sucks to have to spend more money to do so.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I was one of the people that had no idea Howard was only going to work 4 days a week.
Same here. I could only regularly listen to Stern on FM a few months prior to his last show, and wasn't even that big of a fan, considering I was usually in school when the show was on (graduated high school in '05). The concept of Sirius Radio and everything it offered sucked me in.

The fact Howard stopped doing Friday shows pissed me off for a little while, but I got over it, and started to appreciate the Friday Show. Bubba I listened to from day 1 on Sirius and the show won me over right away.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Same here. I could only regularly listen to Stern on FM a few months prior to his last show, and wasn't even that big of a fan, considering I was usually in school when the show was on (graduated high school in '05). The concept of Sirius Radio and everything it offered sucked me in.

The fact Howard stopped doing Friday shows pissed me off for a little while, but I got over it, and started to appreciate the Friday Show. Bubba I listened to from day 1 on Sirius and the show won me over right away.

Our radio station in Columbus dropped Howard 5 or 6 monthes before he left for Sirius. I read the website to see what what going on then and listened to Howard 100 news when it first started. Those monthes without Howard sucked. They really sucked.

I used to listen to Bubba when he was here in Columbus. Hi show didn't really last that long. The radio station he was on changed formats. When he got to Sirius I was so happy. Who knows what will happen. I just wish Sirius would do the right thing and keep Bubba.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

WHAT!?!?!?

THE freakin' CHOB is younger than me? WTF??

Talk about a total bamboozlement.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I assume Bubba (and Howard) have done some sort of credible research that would suggest they can attract a paying audience on RadioIO or wherever outside of Sirius, if it came to that, and aren't just working under the delusion of "of course people will pay." Some of the msgs. in this thread do suggest otherwise and I can't disagree, not sure who would pay for old material and less live shows at anything but a severely discounted rate.