Bubba in 2012

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
I would love to hear Bubba back on Sirius. I'm not a fan of listening via cell phone while driving.

You need some inputs for your car stereo. I think I paid about 75$ to get a converter box to allow me to connect the headphone jack of my cellphone (or mp3 player etc.) to my stereo. I keep all the music/talk/audiobooks/radioio that I listen to daily on my cell phone so it was worth every penny.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
You need some inputs for your car stereo. I think I paid about 75$ to get a converter box to allow me to connect the headphone jack of my cellphone (or mp3 player etc.) to my stereo. I keep all the music/talk/audiobooks/radioio that I listen to daily on my cell phone so it was worth every penny.

This will work
Scosche Universal Audio Input | TSS-Radio

As for Bubba I really hope he is in talks with SiriusXM and not the Stern Channels. Believe what you want I really suspect the Stern channels run nearly completely separate and the ultimate decisions for who is on them and how much to pay comes from within the Stern compound and not Greenstein/Mel for example.

If Bubba goes on a SiriusXM channel it would get some Stern listeners to change the channel past 100/101.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

My truck has an aux port so hooking up is easy. My issue is dropped signal. I live in the country outside of DC, and there's a lot of area out here where I lose signal. That's why I download Bubba's shows rather than listen live.

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
My truck has an aux port so hooking up is easy. My issue is dropped signal. I live in the country outside of DC, and there's a lot of area out here where I lose signal. That's why I download Bubba's shows rather than listen live.

Gotcha. My bad. I listen to recordings too because I am usually listening at work so sometimes I have to stop it. If I was listening live I would miss a bunch.

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
Yup. I wish Stern and Ellis would follow the Bubba model. Being able to download/listen later is awesome.

I think his whole system is pretty ground breaking. I hope it catches on and he is able to shake up the industry a little bit. I can't wait to hear the type of stuff he is able to pull off in the new studio too.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
is bubba still doing the debriefing and specialty shows? I haven't seen them available in 2012 so far.

I did not see the Local 488/Ask a Nigga Radio/whatever they're calling it when I was downloading the most current uncensored shows and debriefing shows.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
is bubba still doing the debriefing and specialty shows? I haven't seen them available in 2012 so far.

It was a short week. Monday and Tuesday at 6:00 is still a rotation of shows (Happy Hour with Spice, Cluster F with Donna and Manson, etc), Wed. is Knockout Radio, Thurs. The Diaco's and Friday at 6:00 is The Tuddle experiment.

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
Bubba has been out at least the last 2 days, which just so happen to be his first 2 days on his new affiliate. Ouch.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I wonder if he got any compensation for the short detroit deal?

last I heard, he was trying to get into chicago now.

not that it matters to me, cuz I won't listen regardless. Only terrestrial radio I listen to is sportstalk. and that sh*t is so full of commercials, I can only tolerate it for short stretches.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I wonder if he got any compensation for the short detroit deal?

last I heard, he was trying to get into chicago now.

not that it matters to me, cuz I won't listen regardless. Only terrestrial radio I listen to is sportstalk. and that sh*t is so full of commercials, I can only tolerate it for short stretches.

Doesn't matter to me, either, but it'll hopefully lead to more attention to RadioIO. :)