Bubba on FM radio in Columbus OH?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
He was on 107.1 the WAZU years ago. It was a rock station. Thats where I first heard him. I think he was on for a year but I could be wrong. He couldn't compete with Howard on 99.7 The Blitz.

Wasn't it based in Circleville? I always remember it being a more censored version of 99.7. I know WAZU had O&A in the afternoons for a while. Now they're a country channel. Ha.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Wasn't it based in Circleville? I always remember it being a more censored version of 99.7. I know WAZU had O&A in the afternoons for a while. Now they're a country channel. Ha.

I don't remember where it was located. 99.7 went to shit. They have Bob and Tom now. That has to be the worst morning show ever. All they do is hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I don't remember where it was located. 99.7 went to shit. They have Bob and Tom now. That has to be the worst morning show ever. All they do is hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh man, I lived in their home market for 2 years - it was awful. Howard was on for a brief portion of that time, but when the station he was on pulled him it sucked hard. Bob & Tom or Country Music = Lose/Lose

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Apparently Suzy Waud was quite well-known back in the 80's and early 90's (generally before my time.) When she left for Howard, she was doing all sorts of stuff. She came back in afternoons for a while. She then worked for Telepreformance (where my friend actually worked at that same time), and owned a Subway for a little while.

Anyway, they had Howard, then Greg O (one of Bubba's rivals.) Greg O did a "shock the arm" thing. :rolleyes: Last I heard, he was in Texas.

Bob & Tom were on Ted FM, before moving to 997.

Mancow moved in to that slot a few days after Bob & Tom moved over. (For about 4 days, B&T were on both stations.) Now Mancow is gone, replaced by Mark the Shark, Kelly Quinn, and Mark's old buddy, Jeff Logan.

Interesting point - WNKK (formerly WAZU) and WLVQ, were both sold by CBS to Wilks in October 2006.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I wish more people realized that he had a career prior to landing in Tampa. Although that still wouldn't stop the "can't succeed outside Florida" bullshit people love to spew.

The 7.1 rating in Richmond shows that's just not the case. And that's not even getting into the Fall 2007 Arbitron ratings.

KATCHR

Oct 13, 2008
I really liked Suzy Waud and Mark the Shark. I remember being a little pissed when Howard replaced her. But I got over it. I liked listening to endless commercials a lot better than her and music:rolleyes:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I really liked Suzy Waud and Mark the Shark. I remember being a little pissed when Howard replaced her. But I got over it. I liked listening to endless commercials a lot better than her and music:rolleyes:

When he came in, to me it was "someone talking non-stop about his movie." I was in 8th grade or so at the time and I had NO IDEA who the hell Howard was.

From what I had -HEARD-, there were some issues between management and Suzy. It may or may not have been over the whole "Friday Challenge" thing. Really, she works weekday mornings and has to go BACK in on Friday nights? And Howard thinks HE has it bad with Fridays off?j

But anyway, i'd rather have talk or music in the mornings, not the "let's talk for 20 minutes, play a song, play a few commercials, do a wacky stunt, then play another song" routine.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This thread has a bit of discussion about WBZX. They're seeming to have no issue giving iPods away.

...I wonder if TSS Radio could contact them about giving away an XMP3. I know what the answer would be, but if the phone call could be recorded, it would be radio gold.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bump!

Not that it would matter, since most of us subscribe to Sirius, but anyone want to coordinate a Bubba Army rendezvous at the WRKZ Town Hall? Yeah, they may not want to do it because of Bubba's controversial past and his contract situation with SiriusXM, but there'd HAVE to be more Bubba Army in Central Ohio than Bob & Tom jabrone marks.

http://www.rocktownhallmeeting.com/ for more info.

Maybe i'm dreaming, but still.. Bob & Tom? Yuck! That can't be the best they can do.

Last edited:

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Bump!

Not that it would matter, since most of us subscribe to Sirius, but anyone want to coordinate a Bubba Army rendezvous at the WRKZ Town Hall? Yeah, they may not want to do it because of Bubba's controversial past and his contract situation with SiriusXM, but there'd HAVE to be more Bubba Army in Central Ohio than Bob & Tom jabrone marks.

Rock Town Hall Meeting - Thursday March 25th @ 3pm for more info.

Maybe i'm dreaming, but still.. Bob & Tom? Yuck! That can't be the best they can do.
If I was in Ohio, I'd be there to rally for the cause, but alas I'm not.

Maybe you should call/e-mail Bubba and he can let people know.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Yeah, I just twittered him. Let's see what happens. *crosses fingers*

Of course, these ARE the guys who bolted from their contract with Howard after getting a Notice of Apparent Liability from the FCC over "strap-on golf" so I don't give them much hope, but if they're open to suggestions...

It seems anyone can email myvoice@rocktownhallmeeting.com so that seems to be a good option.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Good. Didn't work in Hartford, but with the 7.0 in Dayton, things could work better there.

I don't know much about radio ratings, but I thought a 7.0 would be pretty good?? And I thought Bubba sucked in Dayton??

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I don't know much about radio ratings, but I thought a 7.0 would be pretty good?? And I thought Bubba sucked in Dayton??
He turned it around in a big way. Bubba and the PD were floored by it.

Goes to show how radio audiences can be painfully slow to migrate. I mean The Eagle was the station where most people were bitching about how they couldn't listen to their precious overplayed classic rock anymore. Now with things looking up in Miami and I think Richmond, things really don't seem as dire as Bubba makes them out to be.

Seems to me he exaggerated to gain grassroots support, which is smart.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
There's no guarantee he'll see it on Twitter though. If he doesn't you should definitely send an e-mail, he could probably gain some fan support in the area and make an impressive showing at the meeting.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Hmmm we may need an inside track. I'm sure he gets a ton of email.

And I just had the idea to get Tom Taylor to notify Bubba... oh shit, that idea won't work, will it? :eek:

D'oh!