Bubba on vacation?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I think the main reason the Friday shows are so overhyped are that we wait all week for four hours of exclusive content from Tampa.
I've conditioned myself to set my expectations low. Either that or I'm losing interest in the show. And that's not it since I still obsessively have to catch every show. :jj:
I can see why they don't play the anti-Irish bits. We know that song was a cheap shot meant at the Sirius guy. But the DN song?
Haven't noticed that. I wonder if it's just the dates of the shows (a lot more recent shows have been airing) or something more sinister at work.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I've conditioned myself to set my expectations low. Either that or I'm losing interest in the show. And that's not it since I still obsessively have to catch every show. :jj:

Haven't noticed that. I wonder if it's just the dates of the shows (a lot more recent shows have been airing) or something more sinister at work.

Don't tell Bubba that Chob is losing interest! :p

I may have to drop McClure a note to see if he can shed light on it, but i'm sure Bubba (or someone in Tampa) tells SiriusNYC which show to play.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Don't tell Bubba that Chob is losing interest! :p

I may have to drop McClure a note to see if he can shed light on it, but i'm sure Bubba (or someone in Tampa) tells SiriusNYC which show to play.
Not at all, just trying not to build up false hope of 4 hours of radio gold.

And I would hope it isn't the Bubba crew picking replays because the current selections are awful and some have been replayed before.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today's, while a newer show, was a good one.

Bubba starting out Friday's show by pretending to be taped from the previous Wednesday.
Ned talking about the whole "Ben & Jerry and are they gay?" discussion
Now they're on to the whole boopity deal and how to pronounce it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The staff eating these pizzas would have made for great BubbaRaw video.

2 double sauce double cheese double meat
2 double veggie double cheese double sauce
5th pizza double cheese double sauce
2 double sauce double cheese double pepperoni

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
The staff eating these pizzas would have made for great BubbaRaw video.

2 double sauce double cheese double meat
2 double veggie double cheese double sauce
5th pizza double cheese double sauce
2 double sauce double cheese double pepperoni

when u hear those shows, it goes to show you that working for bubba is probably much better than working for howard. I see bubba as a much better employer overall.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
when u hear those shows, it goes to show you that working for bubba is probably much better than working for howard. I see bubba as a much better employer overall.

I second that. Bubba paid those guys salary and health benefits for two years when they were thrown off the air. Howard would never ever ever ever do that. Hell it seems like Richard, Sal and most of the other guys make shit money. I've always said that if Howard would just take one million from his salary and spread it around it would do wonders for people. I know it's not his job to do it and Sirius pays them, but come on it would be a nice thing to do and it is The Howard Stern show. Howard acts like the boss untill pay is brought up. Well that and Christmas time. :p

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Double-cross Howard and you get yelled at and goofed on.

Double-cross Bubba and you can have your choice of the torture rack, liquid ass, dog shocker, etc. :D

Other than that, it's probably better working in Tampa...just stay away from Ned. :eek:

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I get the vibe that if you are motivated and hard working, the BRN is a great place to be.

Unfortunately, and I don't know if it's what he pays, his lack of computer knowledge as far as the web department, or what, but he seems to have a lot of complete morons in his organization through the years. Bunch of unmotivated people only interested in collecting a paycheck and damn right he should be cracking some heads.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I second that. Bubba paid those guys salary and health benefits for two years when they were thrown off the air. Howard would never ever ever ever do that. Hell it seems like Richard, Sal and most of the other guys make shit money. I've always said that if Howard would just take one million from his salary and spread it around it would do wonders for people. I know it's not his job to do it and Sirius pays them, but come on it would be a nice thing to do and it is The Howard Stern show. Howard acts like the boss untill pay is brought up. Well that and Christmas time. :p

u know whats crazy is the lower tier guys on bubba's show probably make more money than the lower tier guys on howard. like 25 cent prob makes more than jason, will and jd, which is terrible. esp given bubba doesn't make nearly the money howard does. bubba has said he uses his contract from sirius to pay his people and I guess he uses bubba raw and the merch sales and of course terrestrial radio to pay himself. hell, even before terrestrial radio came a calling, he was supporting himself off merch alone.

LOL, bubbas staff have better benefits than howard's.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
On a sidenote -- Has anyone ever noticed that when Bubba is on vacation, we hear:

Full Trucker Effect followed by the start of the show
OR
Full Trucker Effect followed by the Gatorade Deal? (Bubba fucking a shop-vac.)
OR
FTE followed by the "Second Gatorade Deal?" (Like a phoenix rising from the ashes...Hey man, that's a fat fucking phoenix!)
OR
FTE followed by the POD/Clear Channel bit?

But we have yet to hear:
Either "If You're Irish Then Fuck You" OR the Deuce Niggaro song?

I can see why they don't play the anti-Irish bits. We know that song was a cheap shot meant at the Sirius guy. But the DN song?

FWIW, yesterday's replay did feature the original Irish song, as well as a playing of Deuce Niggaro later in the show.

Today's show was what I dubbed "the second Gatorade deal."

I wonder what the deal is. Is it just coincidence, or is there really something afoot? I want to say that when a new bit debuted, the older ones kind of got pushed out the back door, but that isn't necessarily 100% true.