Carolla in some trouble again.

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by JHDK, Jun 22, 2012.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

so i have some issues with carolla. he wants to be the king of all podcasts and thats cool he does have he highest production value and the most professional podcast of all the ones i listen to.

but hes kinda a dick. he is all about all this legal stuff and if u want to be on the ACE podcasting network u have to sign ur life away. there are a bunch of disgruntle formal employees that currently have podcasts that i enjoy hearing.

anyway all that being said...

carolla was all over dawker and huffpo and all those liberal sites/blogs because he said this in an interview:

The man's man - NYPOST.com

"The lesson you learned from a sexual harassment seminar was “Don’t hire chicks.” Do you hate working with women?

No. But they make you hire a certain number of chicks, and they’re always the least funny on the writing staff. The reason why you know more funny dudes than funny chicks is that dudes are funnier than chicks. If my daughter has a mediocre sense of humor, I’m just gonna tell her, “Be a staff writer for a sitcom. Because they’ll have to hire you, they can’t really fire you, and you don’t have to produce that much. It’ll be awesome.”

The “are women funny” debate has grown very contentious. You’re not worried about reactions to this?

I don’t care. When you’re picking a basketball team, you’ll take the brother over the guy with the yarmulke. Why? Because you’re playing the odds. When it comes to comedy, of course there’s Sarah Silverman, Tina Fey, Kathy Griffin — super-funny chicks. But if you’re playing the odds? No.
    If Joy Behar or Sherri Shepherd was a dude, they’d be off TV. They’re not funny enough for dudes. What if Roseanne Barr was a dude? Think we’d know who she was? Honestly."

take a sec to read that. ok ill give ya its sexist but hes a podcasting shock jock. is it really that bad? yes he is making stereotypes but thats what adam does.

i listen to him everyday and enjoy his blunt take on the world and i think this backlash is good for his base like me. also yes he is kinda douchey but he just speaks from his personal experiences in the business.

this just makes me want to listen to him more.

and he does not just do this this with women. ive heard him do this with white men, asian men, black men, hillbillies, liberals, all creeds colors and political positions.

2. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

looks like a good show to me!

3. tssmattb

tssmattb New Member

Long live the Aceman!