Celebrity Death Thread 2023

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
"It's that time of year again, people. Same rules as always.
The celebrity in question must be deceased.
They must have been a celebrity prior to their death.
If there is a question that they are a celebrity, their status must get a second vote by another DRC member."

Every year the DeathList website posts a list of the 50 celebrities whom they believe are most likely to die during the year. Here is the list for 2023:

And here is the first celebrity death of 2023. Well.....at least she was a celebrity to fans of hip-hop. Gangsta Boo, born Lola Chantrelle Mitchell, was a member of Memphis hip-hop group Three 6 Mafia from 1995 to 2002 and recorded six albums with them. She also released three solo albums and 10 mixtapes. Among her best-known songs are Who We Be, Love Don't Live, Mask 2 My Face and Where Dem Dollas At.

Three 6 Mafia rapper Gangsta Boo dead at 43

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Before joining Earth Wind & Fire in 1974, White had been a member of the Ramsey Lewis Trio and a session drummer for Chess Records. He played drums on eight Earth Wind & Fire albums and on albums by Linda Ronstadt, Donny Hathaway, Jennifer Holliday, Deniece Williams, the Emotions and others.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Three 6 Mafia
I didn't know they had a female member at some point. I only know of this group because I reviewed their 2008 song "Shake My". What gets me is that group is known for rapping about beating women. Wonder if she was in the group when they were rapping those women-beating lyrics? Here are some excerpts from my review:

Even horrorcore rappers who promote misogynistic violence have a danceable, comical, fun side – especially when their record company tells them they do.

Three 6 Mafia's "Shake My" aims to recapture the success the group had when they took a break from writing their usual lyrics about "taking my fist and beat these bitches badly."

Perhaps Mafia rappers Juicy J and DJ Paul hated releasing another song that doesn't include lines like "push her head into the wall until you hear that cracking sound." Or, maybe they just aren't so good with the English language. Either way, I could barely tell what these mushmouths were saying.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I didn't know they had a female member at some point. I only know of this group because I reviewed their 2008 song "Shake My". What gets me is that group is known for rapping about beating women. Wonder if she was in the group when they were rapping those women-beating lyrics? Here are some excerpts from my review:

Even horrorcore rappers who promote misogynistic violence have a danceable, comical, fun side – especially when their record company tells them they do.

Three 6 Mafia's "Shake My" aims to recapture the success the group had when they took a break from writing their usual lyrics about "taking my fist and beat these bitches badly."

Perhaps Mafia rappers Juicy J and DJ Paul hated releasing another song that doesn't include lines like "push her head into the wall until you hear that cracking sound." Or, maybe they just aren't so good with the English language. Either way, I could barely tell what these mushmouths were saying.
Ya never know. Maybe she enjoyed beating those bitches too.
There's nothing wrong with a lady enjoying that hobby too......other than everything that's wrong with anyone enjoying that hobby.

• Haha
Reactions: sadchild

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Gangsta Boo was a member of Three 6 Mafia from 1995 to 2001. She was with them for such beautiful heartwarming ballads as Destruction Terror, Spill My Blood, Neighborhood Hoe, Fuck Y'all Hoes, Hit A Muthafucka, Mafia Niggaz, Weak Azz Bitch and Barrin' You Bitches.

• Haha

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In his 1970 top-ten country hit Where Have All Our Heroes Gone, Bill Anderson asked, "How many of our astronauts can you name? Huh? How many?" Well, Bill, how about this one:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
In his 1970 top-ten country hit Where Have All Our Heroes Gone, Bill Anderson asked, "How many of our astronauts can you name? Huh? How many?" Well, Bill, how about this one:

Second.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Every year the DeathList website posts a list of the 50 celebrities whom they believe are most likely to die during the year. Here is the list for 2023:

Just checked out DeathList and didn't realize some celebrities were really old like Tony Bennett and Robert Wagner. To be honest I thought Mel Brooks passed away years ago.

I don't like seeing Tina Turner on the list. She is simply the best!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
This year's prediction: Bob Dylan. He's up there in years and not as active as he used to be. Think he'll be Knock-Knock-Knockin' on Heaven's Door before too long.

• Haha
Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Boen played criminal psychologist Dr. Peter Silberman in the first three Terminator movies; Dennis Hubner in 14 episodes of It's A Living, 1981-82; The Reverend Lloyd Meechum in four episodes of Mama's Family, 1983-87; Jim Peterson in five episodes of Who's The Boss, 1984-86; Howard Sternhagen in 16 episodes of The Law & Harry McGraw, 1987-88; and Judge Walter Swanson in eight episodes of L.A. Law, 1988-93. Boen also voiced characters in many animated series including Bonkers, Problem Child, Skeleton Warriors, Zorro, Spider-Man, Dexter's Laboratory, The Addams Family and The Fantastic Voyages Of Sinbad The Sailor.

‘Terminator’ actor Earl Boen has died at 81