Celebrity death thread 2024

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Trumpeter Donald Byrd founded Blackbyrds in 1973 in Washington DC. Toney was the band's pianist and one of the vocalists. Among their hits are Walking In Rhythm, Happy Music, Do It Fluid, Flyin' High. Time Is Movin' and Rock Creek Park. Toney also released 11 solo albums and recorded with Donald Byrd, Marlena Shaw, Brenda Russell, Sharon Redd, Alphonse Mouzon, Ray Parker Jr. and others.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Weinstein produced 25 movies including Bandits, Blood Diamond, How Do You Know, Flesh & Bone, Analyze This, Analyze That, Monster-In-Law, Something To Talk About, The Company Men and The Fabulous Baker Boys.

Not familiar with her but am her work so second.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
You beat me to it, Mister scotch. CBS, Variety, the Associated Press and many other news outlets have headlines calling Gossett the first black man to win an Academy Award for best supporting actor – but when Walter Brennan died in 1974, I never saw any headlines calling him the first white man to win that award. As Brennan would say, "Goldurnit!"

Gossett appeared in more than 100 movies, TV movies and miniseries including A Raisin In The Sun, Iron Eagle, Firewalker, Diggstown, Smitty, Blue Chips, The Deep, The Punisher, The Perfect Game and Undercover Grandpa and appeared in multiple episodes of Mod Squad, Gideon Oliver, Stargate SG-1, The Lazarus Syndrome, The Young Rebels and The Powers Of Matthew Star.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Rush played Marsha Russell in 75 episodes of Peyton Place, 1968-69, and Eudora Welton in 38 episodes of Flamingo Road, 1980-82. She appeared in multiple episodes of Fantasy Island, Medical Center, All My Children and 7th Heaven and in more than 40 movies and TV movies including Superdad, Cutter, When Worlds Collide, Come Blow Your Horn, Magnificent Obsession, The Young Philadelphians and Robin & The 7 Hoods.

MonoStereo

May 12, 2020
Kansas City
I grew up ( and remain ) a massive SCTV fan, so this one really saddens me. I'm in an SCTV Fans group on Facebook, & Joe was also a member who would pop up from time to time to answer people's questions, etc. He was always nicer & more generous with his time than he ever had to be. I'll miss his talent, as well as his occasional random pop-ups in the group. RIP.