Channel changes

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Announcing some changes to our lineup! Stay tuned for some exciting new programming on SiriusXM. We’re bringing even more variety and value to our listeners - here’s a sneak peak:

Artists and bands from Canada and beyond - combining new rock sounds with a sprinkling of heritage artists

Current affairs & talk related to all aspects of Canadian life, with a diverse roster of hosts

Canada’s funniest men and women, uncensored 24/7

**Plus XM listeners will now get CBC Channels, including CBC Radio One and CBC Radio3**

Also changes for French programming: http://www.siriusxm.ca/Retouches/Update-au-Canada-francais.aspx

Last edited:
T

tdevine

OMG someone posted in here!

I just see little blue boxes with ? in them.
I'm getting X's here.

Very happy CBC will be on XM. I like Laugh Attack so a rename is no big deal, if The Verge stays then this worked out perfect for me. I'll check out that Canadian talk channel too if it has interesting content.

Last edited by a moderator:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Also SXM Canada has suddenly got a LOT more active with their FB & twitter- they're even promoting the 60s Satellite Survey!

Up for a little 60's flashback? Hear the 40 biggest songs from this week in April 1965, including The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Herman's Hermits and more, on the Sixties Satellite Survey. Tonight at 9PM ET on SiriusXM 60's On 6.

https://www.facebook.com/siriusxmcanada

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
Hmm, who could fill possibly fill in those 3 spots? Celiene Dion Radio, Avril Lavigne Radio and Nickelback Radio, I would for sure listen to the last channel! :p

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
I don't think SiriusXM offically announced this was the date- I believe it was mentioned on FB and everyone believed it. I think it will happen sometime soon but not tomorrow.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Yea, their twitter & FB page has been very quiet since they posted this last month:

*cue dramatic music* (drumrolls) (cheerleaders flipping across the stage) (a rain of confetti falling from the sky) THE BIG NEWs...... you've spoken up, and you have been heard, Pop2K will be AVAILABLE on BOTH platforms!!!!! Yes that means if you have a Sirius radio you can now get your hits from the first decade on Channel 14 as well!!!!! STARTING APRIL 25th!!!!!

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
It would not make any sense for them to update one channel change (Especially on the Sirius side) where it requires more time- if there planning on moving/shuffling some other channels in a better category- they would do it all at the same time (As per a poster who works for SiriusXM on the XMFan site)

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Based on the past- the big channel shuffle back in 2011 was on 5/4 announced 4/26- which if it is on 5/9 this year would put it in line about 9 days the same to announce next Tues (when the earnings report is scheduled)- Just a guess :)

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
I am confused about this thread. There are 3 pics with ? on it and a link that goes to Sirius Canada page. Is this tread about changes to the Canada side only?

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
I am confused about this thread. There are 3 pics with ? on it and a link that goes to Sirius Canada page. Is this tread about changes to the Canada side only?
Never mind. I just saw this thread is in the Canada forum.

Sorry for being a dumbass.