Channel changes

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Canada' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Apr 24, 2013.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Announcing some changes to our lineup! Stay tuned for some exciting new programming on SiriusXM. We’re bringing even more variety and value to our listeners - here’s a sneak peak:

[​IMG]
    Artists and bands from Canada and beyond - combining new rock sounds with a sprinkling of heritage artists
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Current affairs & talk related to all aspects of Canadian life, with a diverse roster of hosts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Canada’s funniest men and women, uncensored 24/7
    [​IMG]

**Plus XM listeners will now get CBC Channels, including CBC Radio One and CBC Radio3**

Also changes for French programming: http://www.siriusxm.ca/Retouches/Update-au-Canada-francais.aspx

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

OMG someone posted in here!

I just see little blue boxes with ? in them.

3. tdevine

tdevine Guest

I'm getting X's here.

Very happy CBC will be on XM. I like Laugh Attack so a rename is no big deal, if The Verge stays then this worked out perfect for me. I'll check out that Canadian talk channel too if it has interesting content.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

Also SXM Canada has suddenly got a LOT more active with their FB & twitter- they're even promoting the 60s Satellite Survey!

Up for a little 60's flashback? Hear the 40 biggest songs from this week in April 1965, including The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Herman's Hermits and more, on the Sixties Satellite Survey. Tonight at 9PM ET on SiriusXM 60's On 6.

https://www.facebook.com/siriusxmcanada

5. puddychains

puddychains Member

This is exciting. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366815741.978923.jpg

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I am a big fan of questionable programming.

7. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Hmm, who could fill possibly fill in those 3 spots? Celiene Dion Radio, Avril Lavigne Radio and Nickelback Radio, I would for sure listen to the last channel! :p

8. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

Now that I've seen the changes.... meh.

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

So, I guess the biggest change will be Pop2K popping up on Sirius radios in 12 hours?

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I looked for the press release but couldn't find it.

11. Satradiodude

Satradiodude Active Member

I don't think SiriusXM offically announced this was the date- I believe it was mentioned on FB and everyone believed it. I think it will happen sometime soon but not tomorrow.

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

Yea, their twitter & FB page has been very quiet since they posted this last month:

13. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

They actually removed that post from the Pop2k Facebook page.

14. Satradiodude

It would not make any sense for them to update one channel change (Especially on the Sirius side) where it requires more time- if there planning on moving/shuffling some other channels in a better category- they would do it all at the same time (As per a poster who works for SiriusXM on the XMFan site)

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Do someone jumped the gun?

16. Satradiodude

Based on the past- the big channel shuffle back in 2011 was on 5/4 announced 4/26- which if it is on 5/9 this year would put it in line about 9 days the same to announce next Tues (when the earnings report is scheduled)- Just a guess :)

17. puddychains

puddychains Member

I am confused about this thread. There are 3 pics with ? on it and a link that goes to Sirius Canada page. Is this tread about changes to the Canada side only?

18. puddychains

puddychains Member

Never mind. I just saw this thread is in the Canada forum.

Sorry for being a dumbass.

19. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

There is only one set of sats so programming changes will be felt on US radios too.

20. SIRIUSaboutXM

They finally followed up about an hour ago: