Channel changes

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Canada' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Apr 24, 2013.

1. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

There is no indication if these will be available to US customers. Also, anyone know what are the channel numbers?

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

No word yet on what SXM USA will get

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

We(Canada & USA subs) should be receiving an important email about these changes on or around Monday May 6th- But I'm sure that info will be posted here on DRC before most receive it :bluecool:

It appears they're working on consolidating XM & Sirius as well as SXM Canada & SXM USA.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

The merger of the Canadian divisions has no doubt made this project easier.

5. Satradiodude

Satradiodude Active Member

This was posted on Pop2k's FB page today:

"SiriusXM Pop2K Not last minute, the channel is part of a bigger series of moves so its a couple things going down on the 9th, we are just one of the pieces"

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

Sorry about the images- the way I had it, only I could see them :homer:
    Try it now: http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/siriusxm-canada/20080-channel-changes.html

7. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

Looks like some very cool new channels- I wish US subs could get them

10. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

Canada's funniest men and women? WTF are they? The only names I recognize are Humble and Fred and that's because they are long-time radio DJs on multiple stations in T-dot.

11. Satradiodude

Satradiodude Active Member

There have been indications and recent teasers on CA channels that XM will get CBC, also other threads indicate there is going to some sort of merge between the Sirius CA and XM CA channel lineup- so well see soon.

Laugh Attack is being rebranded as Canada Laughs - Those with XM or Siriusxm radios can hear it now as laugh attack.- I like the best of british comedy program that they feature each week.

CBC to be added to XM?

I think we will be hearing it all on Tues when the earning report is announced (Just a guess)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  12. tdevine

tdevine Guest

Usually it's US channels blocked from the Canadian service, not the other way around. I'm sure whatever happens to the Canadian channels the US subs will have access, Sirius can't be that dumb? Right ?? :bitingnails:

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

Why wouldn't you? The US XM sub had every channel that the Canadian one did (the Canadian one was missing some of the US channels). I think the same for the Sirius. There was an issue with older Sirius radios not picking up the Canadian channels but they are not blocked.

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

We'll find out in about 10 days! regardless of what happens, we can all look forward to some much needed changes in realignment and reorganization- only bad thing, since a lot of channel numbers will change, it will take a while to remember the new locations, but worth it.

:repost:

15. SIRIUSaboutXM

I get the feeling there's some more changes coming:

The last 2 days from 6-7pm, Deep Tracks Ch 27, has been pre-empted by MultiCultural Radio (Sirius Ch 165) Multicultural Radio - Aboriginal and South East Asian Music and Talk - SiriusXM Radio on my XM Radio!

No one at SXM or Customer Service has no idea why this is happening, but I did find out that the above channel, as well as Attitude Franco Ch 164 are both now listed as XM & SXM channels, which they never have been before.

And it was also on the app w/Album Art!

[​IMG]

So, either those channels may be added to the XM lineup and/or XM may finally be getting Canadian Channels on the Online Platform!

Any Canadians out there heard of a new contract that may have just been negotiated?

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

Only thing on SXMCanada's website is a new contract with BNN which airs a new program on 167 Canada Talks. The channels you mention are on the SXMCanada channel guide. Not sure what it has to do with DeepTracks as it is not a Canadian channel (164 & 165 are).

17. SIRIUSaboutXM

My point exactly! Why would a Sirius only channel be preempting a SXM channel on a XM radio?

18. IdRatherBeSkiing

Why is that a Sirius only channel? I am pretty sure I get it on my XM Canada radio. In the past XM got all XM Canada channels. Have they changed that since they became SXM?

My guess is somebody is just asleep at the switch or they are making an unrelated change and it is having a side effect. I have gotten wrong channels on both internet and sat stream before. It's rare but does happen.

19. SIRIUSaboutXM

Why is that a Sirius only channel? Because I don't get it on my XM radio

I am pretty sure I get it on my XM Canada radio. Pretty sure? Why don't you check?

In the past XM got all XM Canada channels. Have they changed that since they became SXM? Not all of them- US XM does not get Attitude Franco Ch 164 or MultiCultural Radio Ch 165. Another HUGE reason I started this discussion!!

My guess is somebody is just asleep at the switch Wrong- Its not supposed to be switched at all! That's where the problem started!

But thanks for responding anyway

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

Next time I am in my car I will. Also will check my wife's airware for them on the us sub.

I am aware it's not supposed to happen but it has in the past. I have tried to listen to the bridge and it has been some other channel. My only conclusion is human error someplace unless you think they are sabotaging their own channels on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk