Clarion VX400 and Stiletto 100 (sirius-connect problem)

97formula

Mar 10, 2009
I just started having this problem with my Stiletto 100 and my Clarion VX400 installed in my truck (daily driver). This setup worked fine for over a year and now it seems that when I plug the Stiletto into the cradle for Sirius-Connect, it works for a few minutes, then shuts down and reboots itself. Sometimes it comes back, for a little bit before rebooting again. Other times, it boots into normal Stiletto mode and strangely enough, I can play my recorded content as well as my MP3's when the VX400 is in SIRIUS mode.....and even Satellite works (controlling the Stiletto unit, not the Clarion VX400).

Checked all the connections, unplugged the Clarion VX400 radio, reset that to factory, etc. Also if I turn the VX400 off, the Stiletto still says "sirius-connect" and stays on. If I unplug the cradle, it shuts down normally.

So how can I tell if the problem is with the Clarion VX400 or the Sirius-Connect tuner unit? Stiletto itself is fine, since it works perfectly in my home dock, car dock, and boombox. Thanks!

TSS Pete

May 10, 2011
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
The Sirius Connect and Stiletto's don't always play well with each other. Sometimes the Stiletto won't connect for a few minutes, or sometimes it will. If the Stiletto works in other docks, we removed that from being the problem.

One thing you can try, if you know anyone that has a Sirius Plug and Play radio, borrow it for a little while, and plug it into the Sirius Connect dock. If same problems happens, it might be the cradle.

With your Clarion radio, if you could find an SCC1 tuner, you could plug that in to test the connection. No interface needed.

"Sirius Direct: You can connect the Clarion VX400 to the SiriusConnect SC-C1 Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver without any need for a interface box and enjoy over 130 channels of music, news, talk shows, sports and traffic information with digital quality sound throughout the U.S. and Canada."

97formula

Mar 10, 2009
Is it possible the stiletto is thermally damaged? For some reason when I tried to turn it right back on it said "high heat, shutting down". But when I tried right after that, it did come right back on and worked normally for a short time. Didn't feel very hot but the top portion did feel warm.

97formula

Mar 10, 2009
OK, I used the stiletto for almost 2 hours of satellite radio in my boombox with no issues at all. The stiletto felt as warm as it was (maybe even a bit warmer) when it was in the Sirius connect cradle so I don't think it is an overheating issue...

TSS Pete

May 10, 2011
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
I would have said to test it with your regular docking station and see what happens, which you already did. Because we have heard of issues with the SL2 and the Sirius Connect, and reading what you're going through, we would suggest using a different receiver, or go back to the vehicle docking kit.

I have a SL2 myself, and mine gets warm as well. Just be on the lookout that the battery isn't overheating or expanding.

Reactions: Vols44

97formula

Mar 10, 2009
Hi -

Would you mind sending us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com? This way we can troubleshoot with you over the phone.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

MANY THANKS to SiriuxXM Digital Care Team for taking care of the issue for me! I received my replacement SiriusConnect dock, plugged everything in and it seems to be working just fine!