Colbert's Late Show

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Jul 1, 2015.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

it seems like colbert will be the last guy to takeover a late night chair for awhile.

to do some promo for his new show in september he aired a show on michigan public access. its a funny idea.

if u FF to 22 mins in eminem shows up as a guest.

IdRatherBeSkiing and HecticArt like this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I want to watch that all the way through.
    Too tired to hang with the whole thing tonight.
    Monroe is 15 or 20 minutes north of here.

3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I just watched it. Very funny.

Check out his COLBR app. It has a bunch of other funny stuff.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I loved the joint community calendar at the end.

5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

this is cute:

HecticArt likes this.
  6. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Colbert's episode on Seinfeld's Comedians/Cars/Coffee is up now.

HecticArt likes this.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

cool. i didnt know he was doing that. checking it out now.

8. scotchandcigar

I just watched it, very entertaining IMO. I especially liked the animation added to the glove box discussion. Sadly, this is the finale for the season. :cry:

9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

it was a good, fun watch. not my fav of the series but def worth checking out.

this is going to venture into stern territory for a sec...watching colbert got me to re watch the stern episode. the main takeaway from that ep was his hair. there has been tons of talk about him lying about dying his hair. who knows what the truth is but in that video it is quite clear he has a lot of gray hair. overall its still black enough that u cant tell from a distance but all the close up shots make his gray very apparent.

10. scotchandcigar

Yes, and not only does he have turkey-neck, but turkey-face - which is to be expected at 61. But to almost get back on-topic, I also feel it's obvious that Stern and Seinfeld have no rapport with each other; despite being Jewish Long Islanders of the same age, they're very different people. Jerry's very observational and materialistic, while Stern is self-concerned with no interest in "things".

11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Anybody watchin' tonight? I'll probably just catch whatever highlights on Youtube since I don't watch much TV anymore short of the usual streaming services.

12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I'm watching.

13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm watching.

14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

thanks for the reminder. i would have forgotten all about it watching djokovic play.

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Watched a taping of the Colbert Show last night at 6:30. It aired tonight. We're still in new York, so we didn't get to watch it on tv. It was pretty cool to see the taping.

scotchandcigar, memebag and JHDK like this.
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

thats awesome. i would love to go to a taping of pretty much any tv show and the late show seems like a lot of fun to see live. who were the guests? do they have a warm up comic? if so, who is he? often those guys are solid b list comics like jimmy pardo for conan or brody stevens for chelsea handler. also, what do they do during the breaks? do they just go right back into the show after throwing it commercial or is there an actual break in the taping?

haha, lots of questions.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Lots of questions. I'll have to get back to you on the details. David Duchovny was the first guest, I forget the name of the second guy, and there was a bonus guest that will be shown on a different show. Unfortunately, no musical guest.

Sent from Tapatalk

JHDK likes this.
  18. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

Howard mentioned on the show earlier this week that CBS might be getting rid of Colbert on the Late Show since his numbers have been slipping. They might be considering Corden as his replacement. Meanwhile, people are buzzing about James Corden and his Carpool Karaoke segments.

19. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i think howard was talking about that mostly just see see corden squirm when trying to answer if he would be willing to take colberts spot. it would be crazy to cbs to get rid of him before at least a year or 18 months. conan went through something similar to this when he first started on nbc in the early 90s.

microbob likes this.
  20. scotchandcigar

This ^. Plus Corden would never be on the list of replacements. Colbert is very smart and talented, plus they said the same about Kimmel a little while back. There are a lot of late night shows on now; they're not all going to get top ratings.

JHDK likes this.