Comedy Death Ray

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Hilarious! :ter:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4r1hUXeRA0]YouTube - Weed Card by Garfunkel and Oates[/ame]

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
you guys catch this weeks episode of death ray?? i was listening while i fell asleep last night so i didnt catch all of it, but what i did hear was great. they had two female comics on and the one who was playing the role of scotts scorned ex girlfriend was awesome! so funny!! yet again death ray delivers the goods!

indie103.gif

-jhdk

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I'll listen to it tomorrow. I'm trying to catch up with the old Stern shows(I'm only through mid January).

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
The Japanese girl wasn't that funny, Scott's "ex-girlfriend" was funny, but that southerner guy was hilarious.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Tig does not look Japanese. She's plays the dyke cop on the Sarah Silverman show. I found the episode to be a serious of improvisational misfires. I look forward to next week's offering. These last couple of weeks of CDR have been abysmal.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The Japanese girl wasn't that funny, Scott's "ex-girlfriend" was funny, but that southerner guy was hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM9RUxZXo9M]YouTube - Tig Notaro on Jimmy Kimmel Live: edited version[/ame]

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Tig does not look Japanese. She's plays the dyke cop on the Sarah Silverman show. I found the episode to be a serious of improvisational misfires. I look forward to next week's offering. These last couple of weeks of CDR have been abysmal.

If you like CDR or Adam Corolla, I highly recommend Chris Hardwick's Nerdist podcast. He had Jon Hamm this week, and the show's been top-notch thus far. Verry funny stuff :bigthumbup:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
If you like CDR or Adam Corolla, I highly recommend Chris Hardwick's Nerdist podcast. He had Jon Hamm this week, and the show's been top-notch thus far. Verry funny stuff :bigthumbup:

cool, thanks for the advice. ill check it out.

-jhdk

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008

In listening to dozens of podcasts, most of them emanating from Southern California, I've heard a plethora of Chris Hardwick, but oddly enough not his own podcast. Chris was on I Love Movies a couple of weeks ago. Chris discussed being a guest on Adam's show with Doug.

Jon Hamm sits in quite often to various comedy podcasts. You should look up the CDR episode with Jon Hamm, his first appearance was excellent.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
My God this week's episode was insufferable. It basically had a guy doing a bad impression of Andrew Loyd Webber and some Spanish dictator for over an hour. Simply Awful :thumbsdown:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
My God this week's episode was insufferable. It basically had a guy doing a bad impression of Andrew Loyd Webber and some Spanish dictator for over an hour. Simply Awful :thumbsdown:

Paul F. Tompkins was doing ALW. Yeah, I couldn't get into this show. They all sounded like they were having fun, but the improv was a real miss, sort of self indulgent. Eh...better luck next week.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
eek. im worried now. i was looking forward to listening later this week. hopefully ill disagree with you guys. and if not, this will be the first episode i listen to that i dont like.

-jhdk

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
eek...ok ill get back to you guys after i listen. thanks for the heads up.

-jhdk

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
CDR 45 is the best episode in the last couple of months. Cyber Thug guest hosts for Scott and has James Adomian doing his Jesse Ventura throughout. Very funny.

5/5.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9cQOcAC_K8[/ame]

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
very cool to hear. im looking forward to the listen. last week i fell asleep listening and didnt hear that much. ill be sure not to this time around.