Companies That Might Go Out Of Business

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I still own a few DVDs, because they can't be found on digital yet. I would like to digitize them one day.

But I own over 1,000 digital movies and it feels great to eliminate tons of DVDs and to store them.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I still own a few DVDs, because they can't be found on digital yet. I would like to digitize them one day.

But I own over 1,000 digital movies and it feels great to eliminate tons of DVDs and to store them.
What will you do when the company that hosts them goes out of business? That's always my concern about "buying" a digital copy that won't reside on my drives. It isn't really a purchase, just a long rental.

Reactions: HecticArt

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
What will you do when the company that hosts them goes out of business? That's always my concern about "buying" a digital copy that won't reside on my drives. It isn't really a purchase, just a long rental.

I doubt Apple will go out of business anytime soon. Purchase, rental, tomato, tomato.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Every company goes out of business. Who would have thought Blockbuster would go away so quickly?

Yea, just about every major company is somewhat almost going out of business.

I heard in the news the top 3 in revenue companies are currently:

1. Amazon
2. Apple
3. Google

Amazon overtakes Apple and Google as most valuable brand

Yea, all the Blockbusters are just about gone, besides a few in Alaska. They couldn't keep up with today technology with digital movie companies and Redbox.

Now Kmart and Sears just about have gone and who knows when Macy's will be next. But Macy's did it to themselves by buying some of these other anchors stores like Montgomery Ward's and Foley's. But no thanks to Amazon, they are getting way to big for themselves.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I barely ever bought DVDs, just rented. All my music purchases are physical - mostly CDs, and some vinyl records. That's because:
A) I still have a high-end home stereo system, which I occasionally use for serious listening. I also use it for background music as well, and play streaming/mp3s through it.
B) I'll buy the whole album by an artist, if I like their new stuff enough. I enjoy exploring the entirety of what the artist created.
C) I already have a big collection of CDs and albums, and I'm not just going to throw them all out, so why not add to it?
D) I rip mp3s from the music I buy, for listening on a computer or phone.

Over the last decade or so, Newbury Comics has transitioned from a CD/DVD store to a place that looks like a Millenial Spencer's Gifts. Which is fine, because it's easier to just order from Amazon. Bullmoose still carries CDs, but it takes too long to look through it all.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I still like DVD's and CD's.
I rip all of my CD's but still play them from time to time.

I like 3D movies, and those can't be streamed .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Those 80s trivia are like six years old.

She recorded about a dozen and they keep playing them over and over

I still hear one or 2 I haven't heard before every now and again. Since they are still playing them they would be open to her returning.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk