Cord Cutters

MonoStereo

May 12, 2020
Kansas City
I just cancelled our DirecTV Stream service. I liked it just fine, but I'm just as happy w/Hulu Live TV for $35-ish less a month. I actually save more than that, because I don't have to shell out $$$ for the Disney bundle every month anymore ( it's included w/Hulu Live TV ).

The only problem is that at this point, I don't have a way to watch my Royals games. Amazon just bailed out Bally Sports & in theory will get the streaming rights to the Royals. If that happens, either they'll be included in Prime Video ( which I already have ) or as an additional product ( which is what I'm assuming will happen ). Even if I have to pay extra for that it should still be cheaper than what DirecTV Stream costs.

I had to make a decision because my DirecTV account would "un-pause" in a few days & I'd start being charged again ( I paused it 3 months ago to give Hulu a shot ). Worst case scenario, I can always resubscribe to them if there ends up being no other way to get my games.

MonoStereo

May 12, 2020
Kansas City
The whole Royals/Amazon streaming deal hasn't been ironed out yet, so I ended up ponying up for the Bally Sports App Season Pass so I could watch games. $106 for the baseball regular season, which ends up being about 17 bucks a month. If you read the post directly above this one, you would see that it's still cheaper than paying for DirecTV Stream. The Bally Sports app catches a lotta grief - it's known as a pretty janky way to watch games. But so far I've had zero issues with it, so I dunno what I'm doing right. I only watch via the app on my Roku TV, & maybe other people are watching on their phones or something. Or maybe they just got their shit together after last season. ( shrugs ) Either way, so far so good.