Cord Cutters

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
And up goes their pricing in 10.....9.......8......7.......

Possibly, I do know new subscribers of DirecTV Now. If you want the cheaper plan, you will have to pay $20 bucks a month and get a $15 discount, if you are with AT&T customer.

They did do away with the old $25 discount, paying $10 bucks a month. Which I have that plan, but if I ever upgrade my tier package down the road. Which I probably will do, I will still get that discount.

But what the sorry part is, my plan will probably go up next year. Whenever DTV finally releases there DVR package and who knows how much that will cost.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
0806-pissedoffguy-faq.jpg

"Those cord cutters took our jerbs!!" :mad:

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
My PlayStationVue did go up $10 even though we don't get the networks live like in the big cities. But I still like it greatly. I can even move the furniture around now without factoring in where the cable lines were installed.

Reactions: Wolf and JHDK

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Several months ago, I was at a shopping mall here in Grand Rapids and I walked by a kiosk that was selling boxes that provide free cable. Their tagline was "Ditch the dish, cut the cord". I thought this guy was somewhat of a fake, so for S&G, I wrote down their web address and when I got home, I checked out their Facebook page. The guy had several videos of the boxes and how they worked. Being a cord-cutter for six years, I was missing cable and being able to watch sports on TV. So, for $350, I bought their FreeStream unit. Well, it's the best $350 I've ever spent. All it needs is a TV, high-speed internet (having it hooked directly to the router works best) and electricity. It does buffer here and there, but not having a cable bill is the best feeling ever.

PowerStreamTV - America's Best Streaming Media

Reactions: Wolf

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Several months ago, I was at a shopping mall here in Grand Rapids and I walked by a kiosk that was selling boxes that provide free cable. Their tagline was "Ditch the dish, cut the cord". I thought this guy was somewhat of a fake, so for S&G, I wrote down their web address and when I got home, I checked out their Facebook page. The guy had several videos of the boxes and how they worked. Being a cord-cutter for six years, I was missing cable and being able to watch sports on TV. So, for $350, I bought their FreeStream unit. Well, it's the best $350 I've ever spent. All it needs is a TV, high-speed internet (having it hooked directly to the router works best) and electricity. It does buffer here and there, but not having a cable bill is the best feeling ever.

PowerStreamTV - America's Best Streaming Media
And totally illegal.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
And totally illegal.

No it's not.

They get their sources from 3rd parties. As a matter of fact, some of the local spots on the cable nets are from North Carolina and Pennsylvania. Others clearly use Playstation TV.

It's illegal to upload a stream, but totally legal to watch it. The uploaders are very sneaky.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
No it's not.

They get their sources from 3rd parties. As a matter of fact, some of the local spots on the cable nets are from North Carolina and Pennsylvania. Others clearly use Playstation TV.

It's illegal to upload a stream, but totally legal to watch it. The uploaders are very sneaky.
It isn't legal to watch them, nor is it legal to help people watch them. The DMCA is incredibly broad.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
PlayStation Vue has the NCAA tournament. The picture on TBS was outstanding. Plus CBS All Access had the live feed so I didn't have to leave the Roku to switch Input between service