Current Events Sub-forum?

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by Wolf, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I know years ago, we had a Political Asylum and we all know how that went down and now we can talk about current events, as long we don't talk about politics in it. So I'm wondering, we have a few topics going on in the Studio Lounge and not to get them lost or anything, can I suggest creating a "Current Event" sub-forum for them?

Ebola Outbreak | Digital Radio Central
    When The Pledge Comes On, Shut The ****up | Digital Radio Central
    Same-sex Marriage | Digital Radio Central
    The Police Thread | Digital Radio Central

2. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

No. Someone will whine because they can't ignore them.

Sent from my iPad Mini

hyson and Wolf like this.
  3. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Trying not to go there, but we can ignore them now, just not on tapatalk.

4. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Yep. To be honest I don't know why anyone needs software help to ignore things. I just don't go into threads I don't give a shit about. Some people can't do that.

So sub forum away my good man.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

JHDK, hyson and Wolf like this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's pretty much what the Lounge is for. If something gets lost, it's not current anymore.
    Give it a rest.

6. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I was joking

Sent from my Galaxy S4

7. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I understand and appreciate that, I just thought of maybe creating some other sub-forum. To me the Lounge we talk about literally just about anything in it. Just maybe separate a few threads, into a new sub-forum about major current events a mini-version of the political asylum and plus it kinda helps keeps the place clean and organize.

We asked for an NHL forum and it took a couple of years to finally got one. Some tried asking for a App Forum and it didn't fly and now maybe this?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    HecticArt likes this.
  8. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

This thread is fuggin amazing!!!

I'm not sure I can add to the awesomeness.

9. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

There aren't so many threads in the Studio Lounge that one would lose track of a certain thread. If we had 100 threads a day and that Ebola thread you wanted to comment on was suddenly on page 6, I can see a problem. But unless you clock out for a month, I think the Studio Lounge topics are visible and manageable without a current event sub-forum. So I vote no. Just my three cents (mods get an extra penny to throw around).

HecticArt likes this.
  10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Like Casual said, that's what the Studio Lounge is for. I would say it's for everything off-topic but then a lot of threads would have to be moved there. :p

11. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Thanks Hectic and Casual for saying yes, I'm looking forwarding to seeing it one day! :D

Casual Fan likes this.
  12. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Spelling AND reading comprehension? Really?

hyson likes this.