Deney Terrio Saturday Night Dance Party

Discussion in 'Dance, Latin, Int'l' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Apr 20, 2013.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Since no one here has ever talked about this show, I don't think it will be missed.

Looks like it has been canceled- removed from the 70s page :violin:

2. sjam613

sjam613 Member

Never knew it even existed.

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

Exactly

He was the guy that did the choreography and trained John Travolta for the Sat Night Fever movie. He had a show on The Strobe- when it was removed from SXM, his show was moved to Ch 7 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 and ran every Sat night from 9pm-3am. It was actually one of the very 1st shows SXM added to the On Demand Library last summer. It was better IMO than Studio 54 and played a lot of extended dance mixes :purpbanana:

Deney Terrio (a former member of the Chippendales®) is a trained dancer, choreographer and actor. He worked as dance instructor for the famed classic Saturday Night Fever (1977), and also has acting credits in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (as one of Khan’s henchmen), The Idolmaker, and A Night In Heaven. But it was late 1979 when Deney became a household name as host of the TV dance show Dance Fever. More recently, he co-hosted Get Down Tonight: The Disco Explosion (2004) and When Disco Ruled the World (2005). Catch Deney’s new show SIRIUS|XM show Saturday Night Party Fever every Saturday night. (6 hrs)

4. sjam613

sjam613 Member

Hell I remember him on Dance Fever which was a Saturday Night Dance Show.

5. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I liked it. His show was better on the Strobe but I still listened. Hope its an oversight. Losing Party Mega Mix and now this, I get the feeling SXM doesn't like to party.

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I listened. Seems to not have been as good as when he first came to 70s but still worth listening too. When they brought back the dance music to SXM I was wondering how long it would take them to axe it. When they didn't do that for so many weeks I figured they weren't going to.

But perhaps they just let his contract run out and did it then.

7. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

First Terry Motormouth Young is canceled now Denny Terrio. Hmm, I hope this isn't a trend by Liberty to cut talent costs. Maybe they will move his show to Studio 54 sometime in the future.

8. MadisonRadio1

:egypt: No cancellation yet

9. microbob

He's on this week. I bet they are updating the web page.

10. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I was going to make an inappropriate Merv Griffin rape joke, but decided not to :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk :)

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

He announced right at 9PM that this was his last one and he would be back for 'special projects'.

12. MadisonRadio1

Oops :(

Well then I'll enjoy it tonight. Although I rarely posted, this is one of my favorite weekend shows. Along with Fran Tarkenton Sat morning on Indie, the Folk Music show Sunday morning Bridge and the Doo Wop show Sunday night on 50's.

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

When he came on at 9pm he said that would be his last show on Ch 7. He did however say he would be back on SXM in some capacity for some special programming in the future.

Edit: Oops- didn't see your post IRBS. I guess this is a double confirmation.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  14. MadisonRadio1

Rebroadcasts of Solid Gold Saturday Night would be a good replacement.

15. microbob

I missed his announcement. It sounds like he's not leaving the company entirely. I wonder what they have planned to fill his time slot with? AT40 Reruns?

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

He said regular 70s programming.

17. MadisonRadio1

It would be nice it they had something on instead of just regular programming. Weekdays are about regular programming but weekends are about shows.

18. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I am of the minority but am glad this show was cancelled. It should have been on Studio 54 in the first place.

More than once while camping etc, I would have 70's on 7 on my Delphi Premium Boombox and the Dance Party would come on at 9pm. My friends would ask to change the channel. I would then tune it to The Bridge which is great camp fire music anyway. :bigthumbup:

19. MadisonRadio1

I have moved on to channel 33 Saturday Safety Dance. I had not heard it for several years.

20. SIRIUSaboutXM

For another alternative go to MyStudio 54 and select All remixes- I've heard some great stuff and even some Rock remixes from the 80s using this setting!