Disney to make new 'Star Wars' films

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Oct 30, 2012.

1. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Finally at a theatre to watch Rogue One

HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm looking forward to seeing this.

semipenguin likes this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Normally I enjoy Star Wars, but to me that trailer wasn't entertaining enough. I know there still several months till it comes out and of coarse they won't show the good stuff yet. But that trailer was a bit weak.

The first Guardians of The Galaxy 2 teaser trailer that came out months ago was more entertainment in it.

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

It's gonna be a dark film. No Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks

From the trailer, it sounds like Luke Skywalker saying, "It's time for the Jedi to end".

6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

7. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I couldn't stand Jar Jar, but I like the Ewoks.

I heard that too, sounds like he ready to die? May the force be with him. :p

semipenguin likes this.
  8. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I watched this trailer a couple of times today and thought about what Luke means when he says "It's time for the Jedi to end."

First, this dialogue is all pieced together, so who knows the order it's spoken and what the context is.

Second, if you think about the trouble in the galaxy, it all pretty much stems from the notion of absolute good vs. absolute evil. Dark vs. light. Sith vs. Jedi.

Luke asks Rey what she sees: "The light. The dark. The balance." Luke replies, "It's so much bigger."

Again, pieced together dialogue, but maybe Luke realizes the balance--the gray area, the notion that "there is good and bad in everyone" ("ebony and ivory"...all together now) is where it's at. It's bigger. The middle ground of the Force is the strongest. That to truly have peace in the galaxy, the extremes have to end. No more Sith, no more Jedi. Balance in the Force.

But who the hell knows. Maybe the full line is "It's time for the Jedi to end this war" and he goes and carves up Kylo and Snoke like a Thanksgiving turkey.

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I read about gray force a few months ago, while I was reading about episode viii.

Also, Kylo and Snoke are Knights of Ren. Makes me wonder if the Sith will make an appearance

10. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

[​IMG]

Wolf likes this.
  11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

it's only been 2 movies so far but i am not yet star wars saturated. i know the time will come when i grow bitter and dismissive of new entries in the series but here's to hoping it doesn't start with VIII.

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The different story lines are going to keep it fresh for a while.

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

14. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I've always thought myself to be a big Star Wars fan... how come I never noticed the Stormtrooper hitting his head in this scene from IV: A New Hope

Wolf and semipenguin like this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I had noticed that before.

16. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

17. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Disney shot first!

semipenguin likes this.