Doug Loves Movies Really Sucks!

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by JHDK, Apr 4, 2010.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

man this show sucks! maybe im just listening to an awful episode but this is one of the worst podcasts ive tried yet. i read here that garfunkel and oats was on one week, and i think they rock, so i checked it out. im 10 mins in right now and hate it. hes doing it in front of an audience and they are laughing but i have no idea why.

anyone like this crap? what a waste of time. no wonder he was a last comic standing guy.

edit: im glad i hung in for the g and o song. running with chicken was great! when benson does not talk the show is good.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

I hate it because of the audience. If it was done in studio, I'd like it. But the audience is simply awful in podcast or radio form, unless they shut up like during Artist Confidential on Sirius/XM.

3. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

I can't blame anyone for not liking it, but I do believe that you have to give Doug a few more chances, his laid back/stoner vibe is charming and it will grow on you. I also think he's very quick witted and it's obvious that he loves movies.

I always look forward to his show, his friends all really love talking movies. I think G&O are great guests on that show, they've been great every time they've been on the show.

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

well ill give it another chance or two, but from my first show im not expecting much. hopefully you prove me wrong. its always nice to find a new show.

5. flap_jackson

flap_jackson Well-Known Member

I've tried the show a bunch of times, and Doug is usually good, but again, the audience is ANNOYING! It's like watching a CBS Comedy. :thumbsdown:

6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

haha yea good point. its like two and a half me when they make awful jokes yet get huge laughter.

7. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Doug does his show right before Comedy Death Ray goes on. It's not uncommon to see Hollywood stars in attendance for the shows.