Dr. Who Noob Advice

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Casual Fan, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I watched a few episodes with that skinny redhead sidekick in them yesterday on BBC America, and I have to admit, her personality adds a lot to her sex appeal. She's no Clara Oswald, but she'd do in a pinch.

I need to watch the Christmas special...

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

her first episode as that fake cop in that hot outfit is a nice way to introduce her to the show. she also tries to make out with the doctor in that ep and thats kinda weird but that whole idea dies off quickly and things pick up when she get involved with rory the two of them with the doctor are some of my fav episodes. an especially funny ep is with the three of them and rorys dad when they encounter dinosaurs.

Casual Fan likes this.
  3. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I watched the Christmas special and it was probably the best episode with Peter Capaldi yet. They even managed to keep the campiness to a minimum, what with Santa Claus and all.

The whole scene with Danny Pink and the dream was pretty rough. I hate that he's really dead. Clara is forever broken-hearted. Maybe he'll return.

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Leaked Sony emails reveal plan to turn Dr Who into Hollywood film | Daily Mail Online

not sure how i feel about this. first off, in 8 years we could have 3 or 4 new doctors already. im always in the mood for more who, but thinking about the x files movies makes me weary. they are a huge blemish on that series and id hate for who to have the same fate. on the other hand, it could turn out to be like the star trek movies, where overall the transition to movies was quite successful.

5. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

They tried that already with Paul McGann as the "Eighth Doctor" in a tv movie in the 90's.

6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

7. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

You're a Zygon!

8. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

One of the benefits of a protagonist who can travel to any point in spacetime is that continuity doesn't mean as much for the show as others. You can hop onboard at any point. Occasionally BBC America will air marathons, and you can fill in whatever gaps you want to fill in at that point. For example the Weeping Angels and Matt Smith's entire tenure. I totally missed them the first time, but swung around and picked them up in a marathon of reruns.

JHDK likes this.
  9. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I'm wearing this T shirt today:

[​IMG]

Casual Fan, Bark and JHDK like this.
  10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Casual Fan, HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's good to be third in line to be king.
    You go boy.

Casual Fan likes this.
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

hes either 4th or 5th now that his brother had kids. i know prince williams first kid bumps harry to 4th. not sure if the second kid bumps him even further or not.

13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm American.
    I don't really care.

blyons200 and JHDK like this.
  14. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Yes, it does. Who cares? He's still a prince, and if a prince can't land an actress, then something's wrong in the world.

HecticArt likes this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Of course, if they went all Game of Thrones over there, I might become interested......

blyons200 likes this.
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

HecticArt likes this.
  17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

what doesnt fit here...???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and...

[​IMG]

looks like we have our fist ugly companion debuting with the new season in 2017. eek. im sure ill get used to her after shes on the show for awhile but man, what a choice. eek.

her intro commercial is pretty cool though.

18. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

ive made the decision to waste another big chunk of my life and watch the 2005 doctor who all the way through again. its been years since ive seen some of the episodes so it should be fun.

i found this handy timeline:

[​IMG]

i dont think im going to watch the sarah jane show but i may brush up on torchwood while im at it.

19. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

with the new christmas special yesterday it reminded me of my goal to watch the series again. since july i made it to the halfway point of season 7 (which i think may be my favorite season) and now i'm going to pick it back up from there. i still have the christmas special from last year to watch. i was purposely saving it cause i knew there was no doctor in 2016 but then i forgot about it. so i have 2.5 seasons and 2 brand new christmas specials ahead of me.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  20. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Watch everything in order. There's a lot of subtle references in this year's Christmas special going back to last year's special.

JHDK likes this.