drop the tray.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
so who here has dropped the tray? i have not yet but i think im going to before the end of the month. to me it will be easier than dl'ing the show and it will also be cool to have streaming content everytime im near a comp or on my phone in the car. also i get to listen live that way.

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
I don't plan on dropping the tray, but I have used the phrase multiple times already.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
The archives sold me on it, as well as not having a monthly bill. I've been saying for years they should put old material and show downloads on BubbaRaw. Obviously the latter was prevented by his Sirius XM contract.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The archives sold me on it, as well as not having a monthly bill. I've been saying for years they should put old material and show downloads on BubbaRaw. Obviously the latter was prevented by his Sirius XM contract.

thats cool. im totally diff than u. im all about dl'ing the io show. but then again it will be fun to listen to some of the POWER PIG HELLO days. i want to hear the show where the slaughtered the pig and got brought up on charges.

Have some Extra cash and I've been debating since Saturday on dropping the fuckin' tray. Golden ticket! I might do it.

me too. extra cash on hand makes it all the more tempting. people are saying the golden ticket is stock but on the io site it says u can use it for something like future promos or whatever. i would get the exact quote but io.com isnt working for me right now. even with out the ticket its still worth it.

$300 is a lot of cash for a radio show though........

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
I don't plan on it. My 'trey' money just went to a new set of tires for my car. Or a tablet PC I am looking at. Or a headphone amplifier. There are a lot of other things I need a 'trey' for. I will give Bubba $12.99/month though.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I don't plan on it. My 'trey' money just went to a new set of tires for my car. Or a tablet PC I am looking at. Or a headphone amplifier. There are a lot of other things I need a 'trey' for. I will give Bubba $12.99/month though.

first off i think we are both spelling it wrong. my new guess is "tre."

also get the tires if u need them. thats most important. gotta keep the wheels movin from a to b.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
thats cool. im totally diff than u. im all about dl'ing the io show. but then again it will be fun to listen to some of the POWER PIG HELLO days. i want to hear the show where the slaughtered the pig and got brought up on charges.

Keep in mind that the whole pig incident makes them all sick to their stomachs (and rightfully so.)

Did they say "all shows available?" I'm not sure I could blame them if that show WASN'T made available.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I keep thinking about it and if you do the math, it works out to $8.33 a month if you early enlist. Thats better than any other plan Bubba is pushing.

The thing that sucks to me is the lack of music channels/selection. I will still have to pay Sirius to get my music fix.

I would love to make RadioIO my only provider, but until the service improves, the only thing I will listen to is Bubba.

So, do I pay $13 a month, $129 for a year upfront, or do I just drop the f**king trey and get it over with???

I still dont have the answer to that question. The thought of saving $4 per month on the show is intriguing, but I have about 12 days to make up my mind...

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
That tape has been destroyed, and unless anyone was taping on their FM radio, that audio will never be heard again.
Did they say "all shows available?" I'm not sure I could blame them if that show WASN'T made available.
Clear Channel did not keep full shows, because they didn't want to pay for the tapes to record them. Pre-Hartford, only scattered best of bits exist. Joe the Supermark started taping shows when they syndicated to Hartford so whatever he had in his collection will be available for the first time ever.
The thing that sucks to me is the lack of music channels/selection. I will still have to pay Sirius to get my music fix.
That depends on what you want to hear. I like Fuzz, an unholy love child of Liquid Metal and the old punk channel. There's 52 regular music channels, and for the fully inclusive sub ($12.99 or Early Enlistment) there's 21 exclusive audiophile channels. But yeah, the music clearly isn't the main selling point of the service to most, but they sound good to me. And I've heard plenty of streams being the radio nut I am. From the old Sirius player they took from us, to Phil Hendrie's home station, to a terrible stream of a Las Vegas AM station to hear the show of a friend from another board. The quality, especially in the 192 k stream, is impressive.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I keep thinking about it and if you do the math, it works out to $8.33 a month if you early enlist. Thats better than any other plan Bubba is pushing.

I would love to make RadioIO my only provider, but until the service improves, the only thing I will listen to is Bubba.

So, do I pay $13 a month, $129 for a year upfront, or do I just drop the f**king trey and get it over with???

I still dont have the answer to that question. The thought of saving $4 per month on the show is intriguing, but I have about 12 days to make up my mind...

$8.33 a month, or $13 a month? That's a savings of $4.xx a month. Plus, there's the matter of the gizzolden tizzicket.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Clear Channel did not keep full shows, because they didn't want to pay for the tapes to record them. Pre-Hartford, only scattered best of bits exist. Joe the Supermark started taping shows when they syndicated to Hartford so whatever he had in his collection will be available for the first time ever..

I think i'm hearing Riley's "Cheap Jew Motherfuckers" in the background.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Yeah, I dropped it on the first night. I always regretted not doing it it for Sirius. You end up getting almost a year for free, based on my rough gazintas. Plus I want to be able to download the shows and not have to wrestle with streaming and missing parts.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am still struggling to decide whether or not to drop the f**king tray.

I have until next Monday.

Stock or no stock. Savings or no savings. 3 Year Deal, month to month or Yearly. 2 hour show 4 days a week. Being able to download the show for my listening pleasure at any time. No Bubba Raw with the subscription. Potential show 5 days a week 4 hours a day in the future...

Decisions, Decisions.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Yeah, I dropped it on the first night. I always regretted not doing it it for Sirius. You end up getting almost a year for free, based on my rough gazintas. Plus I want to be able to download the shows and not have to wrestle with streaming and missing parts.

The shitty thing about the lifetime deal with Sirius is that they'd charge you $75 to transfer the subscription to a new radio, and you can only do it three times.

I've gone through at least seven or eight radios since September 2005.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
can't justify dropping the f*cking tray on a 2 hour show 4 times a week

Read below:

Stock or no stock. Savings or no savings. 3 Year Deal, month to month or Yearly. 2 hour show 4 days a week. Being able to download the show for my listening pleasure at any time. No Bubba Raw with the subscription. Potential show 5 days a week 4 hours a day in the future... .

I'll admit that it is a "potential" live show five days per week at four hours per day, but with Howard ramping stuff down over the next five years, Bubba may seem more appealing.

True, THIS year is gonna suck with eight hours per week, but next year at potentially 20 hours per week, it'll be worth it.

Someone figured out that $300 for three years is about $8.30 per month. (Throw in my BubbaRaw discount and it's less. As soon as I get that rebate...I may end up canceling BubbaRaw.)

Case closed.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just dropped the tray! I am now a Captain in the Bubba Army. :eek:

Bubba updated his music selection last night per one of his twitter messages, and I will say Bubba's Channel at 192kb's sounds CD quality out of my EVO.

I am amazed at how much better this service sounds than Sirius. Wow. I wasnt impressed with the basic stream at 64kbs.

Lets hope the music gets better. If it does, Sirius will be getting the boot at renewal time...