Fantasy Fatball 2017

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Weighing in at 205 on Monday pissed me off so I've eaten smart for the past 48 hours. 198.8 this morning. The least I've weighed in three years.

I told you it was mostly chicken wing weight.

I've been going at it pretty hard in the gym and elsewhere for about 10-12 days. Tomorrow I am traveling to the capitol city of our fine Commonwealth to raise a stink at a meeting, so I'm taking a day off from my rigorous and manly workout routine. This morning was my pull-up routine along with rows and pulldowns.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Losing 6 lbs in 2 days sounds more like starvation than eating smart, but good luck to you.

No, just not eating several pounds of food during the Super Bowl, and dropping water after my body retained it from lifting. Three meals a day, no snacks. Fourth meal kills me if I let it.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I should be back in Mankato on Friday after being gone for two weeks. I should be able to get back to the gym on Saturday.

I need to work harder on eating better. Being home kinda messes it up

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Still 198.8, even after a day off from the gym yesterday. Not only does eating a bunch of Super Bowl food raise your weight, but weightlifting makes your retain water, and all that salty Big Game food makes you retain water as well. Apparently I peed and pooped it all away earlier in the week.

No cramps or pissy attitudes, though. Just the bloating. :D

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Still 198.8, even after a day off from the gym yesterday. Not only does eating a bunch of Super Bowl food raise your weight, but weightlifting makes your retain water, and all that salty Big Game food makes you retain water as well. Apparently I peed and pooped it all away earlier in the week.

No cramps or pissy attitudes, though. Just the bloating. :D
Perhaps some of Meme's soap will help.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Also, I advise against the cheapo bikes from Wal-mart. I had two of those over the years and rarely rode them. They were crap. My first bike shop bike was about the same price, but a lot more fun to ride.

i want to take this advice meme. you are clearly a bike aficionado so i've been thinking a lot about this post now that i have committed to buying a new bike. thing is i don't have $300+ to spend on a bike. i haven't done a deep dive into researching local spots but i checked 2 local bike shops and those cool hybrid ones, like the one you posted, are all at least $350. whereas i can get a cheapo mountain bike from target for around $150. add a luggage rack, lock and lights and i can get it all for about $200. that's much closer to my price range.

now i won't be using this thing for heavy, long rides. i doubt i will ever go much more than 5 or 6 miles max. do you still think it's a bad idea even for short distance riding? i think i'm committed to getting the cheap one at this point but i would still like to hear your feedback. thanks.

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
now i won't be using this thing for heavy, long rides. i doubt i will ever go much more than 5 or 6 miles max. do you still think it's a bad idea even for short distance riding? i think i'm committed to getting the cheap one at this point but i would still like to hear your feedback. thanks.

Based on my experience, yes, that's a bad idea. I bought a couple of different bikes from big box stores that I rode once or twice, then let rust in my garage. They were shit. They were not fun to ride. They had bad parts. They were poorly assembled. They were a waste of money.

Keep saving and buy a bike that you love to ride as soon as your ass hits the seat. My first bike shop bike was an Electra Cruiser 1, which cost $200.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Based on my experience, yes, that's a bad idea. I bought a couple of different bikes from big box stores that I rode once or twice, then let rust in my garage. They were shit. They were not fun to ride. They had bad parts. They were poorly assembled. They were a waste of money.

Keep saving and buy a bike that you love to ride as soon as your ass hits the seat. My first bike shop bike was an Electra Cruiser 1, which cost $200.

good advice, thanks. like i said above, i'm leaning towards not taking it but it will definitely be something for me to think even harder about now. Thumbup2:

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Hanging in at a normal 163. I only got to go to Planet Fitness once but I'm on target for my goal of at least 4 visits per month. Membership is only $13month including the annual fee. I also got in three outdoor walks for the first time this year. It was pleasant enough outside to feel comfortable. I want to do a couple of outdoor walks this weekend since it will be in the 40's. I also walked in the mall last Wednesday and at Target. Then there's my job. I haven't mentioned yet that I have a fairly active job. That when I usually wear my Fitbit. Lots of standing and walking around then I'll throw a couple pieces of fruit down and that's it for 9-10 hours. I always come home weighing less than before going in. For food, I mostly had toasted avocado and cheese sandwich with almonds but on my day off Wednesday night I had a burger, tater tots and coke when we went to see Lion at the movies.

Keep chopping away everybody. Were getting there already and it isn't even spring yet.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Back to 190 this morning! I'm surprised.
I thought 190 would last a day at best. I bounced back up to 194 for the first few days of the week after my Superbowl chili fest. Mmmmm chili......

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

ok i wasn't going to take your advice. i went to target and kmart today and was set on buying a bike. as i should have known, they were all crap, between $99 and $200. so i didn't buy anything.

i came home and called 7!!! local bike shops. all but 1 of their cheapest options were over $300. however, one place that isn't a mom and pop shop but a national dedicated bike shop, performance bicycle, has 1 in my price range:

Fuji Crosstown 2.3 Comfort Bike - 2015

i think i'm going to go for this one. $225 is acceptable. other places i search online have the same bike for almost $100 more so it seems like a great deal.

i'd really appreciate your input.

Last edited:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
ok i wasn't going to take your advice. i went to target and kmart today and was set on buying a bike. as i should have known, they were all crap, between $99 and $200. so i didn't buy anything.

i came home and called 7!!! local bike shops. all but 1 of their cheapest options were over $300. however, one place that isn't a mom and pop shop but a national dedicated bike shop, performance bicycle, has 1 in my price range:

Fuji Crosstown 2.3 Comfort Bike - 2015

i think i'm going to go for this one. $225 is acceptable. other places i search online have the same bike for almost $100 more so it seems like a great deal.

i'd really appreciate your input.
That might be a fine bike for you, but don't listen to me. Listen to your own ass. It will never lie to you. Go ride some bikes.

Reactions: JHDK