Favorite Music Video?

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio

They learned the lyrics to "Typical" backwards, shot the video in a single take, then reversed the whole thing to provide this interesting piece. Saw them in a little club (300 folks = sellout) last month. Good show. No backwards lyrics.

Last edited by a moderator:

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
This one always gave me the creeps but I still love love love it.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6VojYGrnpg[/ame]

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I found this video on another site and thought it was cool as hell.
Rather than start a new thread, I figured that this ancient one would work. (I’ll try to fix the links to the old videos later.)

Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I thought the science part of how the audio affects things was pretty cool.
I kinda like the groove too.

I got the rest of the videos fixed, except for one that I couldn't tell what the song was.

Last edited:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
My favorite is the full-length video for Michael Jackson's 1991 number-one hit Black Or White. George Wendt and Macaulay Culkin star in the prologue. Songwriter and record producer Bill Bottrell does the rap in the middle of the song. My only complaint is that at the 6:19 mark, a director who is making a music video walks onto the set and says, "Cut! That was perfect. How do you do that?" – before the song has ended!

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My favorite is the full-length video for Michael Jackson's 1991 number-one hit Black Or White. George Wendt and Macaulay Culkin star in the prologue. Songwriter and record producer Bill Bottrell does the rap in the middle of the song. My only complaint is that at the 6:19 mark, a director who is making a music video walks onto the set and says, "Cut! That was perfect. How do you do that?" – before the song has ended!

I think I remember that video. They squeezed out some commercials on The Simpsons to premier it at the end of the Simpsons. Thus the closing scene.

The video itself stole some plot ideas from Twisted Sister.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
My only complaint is
My only complaint about MJ's "Black Or White" is when he starts trashing the town like a midnight BLM protest (oh that's offensive? Sorry... like a Jan 6 White House 'tourist visit' :D ) and then starts fondling himself.

NOV. 16, 1991

In response to negative criticism and viewer outrage over a controversial four-minute dance sequence in Thursday’s worldwide premiere of Michael Jackson’s “Black or White” video, during which the frail superstar violently smashes a car and simulates masturbation, Jackson decided Friday to delete it.

I believe I have the original uncut version on VHS in my basement in a box. But it's also on YouTube.

Reactions: HecticArt

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
And it's even more offensive than the unedited "Black Or White" too!!

LODr.gif