Found a Wii!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
So, I went to my Starbucks on the way home yesterday. It is in a Target. I decided that I would go look to see if they have a Wii. I told my wife that I would like to get one for Christmas. So, low and behold, there is one left.

I get the Wii and the Wii Play game so I could get an extra remote.

I plan on getting it set up tonight.

What else do I need? :)

(I know I asked in another thread who has a Wii, but now it's about my Wii) ;)

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
So, I went to my Starbucks on the way home yesterday. It is in a Target. I decided that I would go look to see if they have a Wii. I told my wife that I would like to get one for Christmas. So, low and behold, there is one left.

I get the Wii and the Wii Play game so I could get an extra remote.

I plan on getting it set up tonight.

What else do I need? :)

(I know I asked in another thread who has a Wii, but now it's about my Wii) ;)

Congrats man, the Wii is a lot of fun. I would strongly suggest MarioKart Wii, lots of fun! Super Mario Galaxy is a blast too.

I am getting the boy "Boom Blox" for Christmas, it looks really neat...

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
"MarioKart" & "SM Galaxy" are great. Check out "World of Goo" from WiiWare. If you have a wireless network the Wii will hook up to that with no extra hardware. Otherwise, wire it into your network so you can come get your ass bea- I mean play a friendly game of MarioKart with me.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Get a second nunchuck for your second controller. And if you want to have some good family/friend time with the wii, pick up another two controllers and nunchucks. Then grab copies of "Raymonds Raving Rabbids" and "Carnival Games". Both are great fun in groups. I've been playing "MLB Power Pros" lately and it's a lot of fun as well. I've had my eyes open for a WiiFit but no luck so far.

And I agree on MarioKart, it's a must-have!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I just hooked it up and played some bowling and golf.

Man, I love this thing!!!

Now time to buy some accessories. :)

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That cool you bought the last Wii, MM. I hear alot of people love the Wii, I still haven't tried it out myself yet. But I see alot of commercials for the games and to me. I would buy Mario Party, Mario Kart, the bowling game, tennis and whatever else I can't think of. But I will probably buy it one of these days, once maybe the price drops once again.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Join the cult and get the Zelda game.

Get a second nunchuck for your second controller. And if you want to have some good family/friend time with the wii, pick up another two controllers and nunchucks. Then grab copies of "Raymonds Raving Rabbids" and "Carnival Games". Both are great fun in groups. I've been playing "MLB Power Pros" lately and it's a lot of fun as well. I've had my eyes open for a WiiFit but no luck so far.

And I agree on MarioKart, it's a must-have!

Definitely agree with all of the above. Wii is great for parties and Zelda is awesome by yourself. If you like FPS games pick up Metroid Prime, it kicks ass.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
My son loves Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. I'm hooked on Tiger Woods 2008. TW 2009 All Play is the newest version. He's about to get MLB2k8 for his Jan B-day.

I also recommend: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the Wii Fit and Super Mario Galaxy.

fineware

Nov 8, 2008
Remington, VA
I also recommend: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the Wii Fit and Super Mario Galaxy.

Agree on Super Mario Galaxy. It's probably meant for little kids, but I'm enjoying it all the same. We got the Wii Sport, which includes tennis, baseball, bowling, golf and boxing. Have only played the bowling portion enough to find out how completely out of practice I am. ;)

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
We got the Wii Sport, which includes tennis, baseball, bowling, golf and boxing. Have only played the bowling portion enough to find out how completely out of practice I am. ;)

I love this game. I enjoy Bowling, Tennis, and the Golf.

Now if I could just find a Wii Fit.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I just bought Wii Play this weekend for the controller. (it's only $10 more than a lone controller) Love the shooting game and the billiards. We just got Guitar Hero World Tour, that is fun altho the songs aren't as good as the ones in GH III and GH Aerosmith. A Metallica version is due out this spring! Rock Band is fun too and you can play either one with the equipment. We've got the WiiFit and it is very interesting. I need to get on a real routine with it.

Something I highly recommend is Gamefly.com It's like NetFlix for video games. Its like 24 bucks a month for 2 games out at a time. Considering that my son can finish a game in a week or two or they get bored with some real quick, it gives us a lot of play options for less money.

Mario Party 8 is fun. Check out WarioWare: Smooth Moves for some quick funny gameplay that really puts the Wiimote thru its paces.

Anyone else throw their shoulder out playing Tennis? :wave:

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Where did you find a Fit? (Lucky Bastard) ;)

My wife got it through one of her online buddies. These women buy and sell all kinds of stuff before they even get it to eBay. She was so set on getting one, but she has yet to play on it because she is afraid someone will see her weight. Women... So ridiculous. You can even pword protect your profile but she won't start one. It's got some really fun games like skiing and ski jump and some cool balance games too. There's some games coming out now that use the balance board as a controller, like skating/snowboarding...

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Currently playing:

World of Goo

Megaman 9 (Old school 8bit fun, all brand new)

Countless NES games

Animal Crossing: City Folk (I know, a casual girly game, but I've been hooked since the first installment of it for the gamecube, so I cant help it)

Call of Duty World at War

Tetris party

And a few more..But those are in regular rotation.

I'm a wii/Nintendo Nerd.

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
Rented Rayman's Raving Rabbids 2 for the kids this week while they are on vacation...I think we'll keep that one. The kids love the grossness and rudeness of the games, especially the one where you shake the Wii remote up and down as a toilet plunger, or the game where you talk on your cell phone at a movie theater (and then text your sister when the manager shows up to get her in trouble)! If anyone else has played it, can you comment on how the music mini-games compare to a "real" music game for the Wii?

Is Tetris Party on the VC?