Free Preview!

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Holy Crap! The Roady is still selling for $150?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Roady-Satellite-Radio-Receiver/dp/B000AUQICO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1338298946&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Delphi XM Roady XT Satellite Radio Receiver: Electronics[/ame]

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This is a good stategy to mitigate old hardware not yet receiving a deactivation signal.

Why this has no impact, I have 2 radios that have never been deactivated and I've let them play through several of these previews. When the previews is over those radios just keep on working. The problem with their system is after a ESN is removed from their system if the radio was never deactivated they apparently have no way of doing so. I have even gone a far as calling them. I was told well that ESN isn't in our system so we have no way to do anything with it. Really? I would imagine there are thousands of radios out there that are still activate that they can't turn off. I've had several over the years. I gave an uncle of mine and old radio setup for his home use. He's been using it for 2 years and though I don't agree with not subscribing it was his choice to continue using it. He said if they turn it off he'll subscribe, if they don't they are idiots and don't deserve the subscription.

I was told a long time ago that Sirius only sends that deactivation signal to the radio for about 7 days. Don't know if that is true, but given the number of radios that I've seen and had experience with myself I'd say that is pretty accurate.

I recently purchased a turner for my JVC head unit, it came in the box already activated. I thought well this is a free preview period as I had never seen that. Well guess what it is still working and that has been since March. When my current sub on my Skydock comes up in July I will switch it over.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Anyone notice that SXM just started running ads for the Free Preview on most channels and their corresponding FB pages? Free Preview started 10 days ago and their Programming Dept just found out about it! Even more strange is I'm not shocked. Even though they had some good specials this year IMO, they really did a lousy job of letting subscribers know about them!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Anyone notice that SXM just started running ads for the Free Preview on most channels and their corresponding FB pages? Free Preview started 10 days ago and their Programming Dept just found out about it! Even more strange is I'm not shocked. Even though they had some good specials this year IMO, they really did a lousy job of letting subscribers know about them!

They need to hire you! You know what they are doing before they do. :bowdown:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Not to go memebag on anyone, but why would subscribers need to know about a free preview?

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Because it gives me a chance to dig out my old Sirius radios and take them for a spin, and my old XM radio I can listen to old recordings... from back in the FRED and LUCY days!

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
After the free preview, I decided to purchase my first temporary subscription, the 6 months for $25, on my old Stratus 5. I was going to use my Onyx for summer listening on the deck but cannot get reception. The Stratus 5 does so I'll use that while I figure out a solution by next summer.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
When I got my Lynx last Christmas, I canceled 3 radios- time to dust them off and see if they still work!

Great news! We’re turning your inactive satellite radio back on, so you can hear 60 of our channels, FREE for two weeks. Just tune in, turn it up, and enjoy.
August 29th- September 11th

I Have a Sirius Radio:
Listen Free Aug 29

I Have an XM Radio:
Listen Free Aug 29

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Yep my wife will be happy. She likes taking my car because I have the SatRad hooked up (Via XM Onyx soon to be the Edge next week)

Her vehicle has built in Sirius in the factory radio, however we had that turned off Since I didn't want to have to worry about multi-platform (I know SiriusXM can do it I don't want the headache)

She was happy to hear that there would be a couple week preview.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
That multi-playform deal is garbage. I tried to set up a xm radio with a multi-platform discount since I have 2 radios on Sirius also. After a few calls and 3 different stories and rate quotes, I gave up. No one gave me a straight answer or teh rate that was quoted to me over the phone last week. I know I can talk to someone else to get it figured out, but its such a headache.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
That multi-playform deal is garbage. I tried to set up a xm radio with a multi-platform discount since I have 2 radios on Sirius also. After a few calls and 3 different stories and rate quotes, I gave up. No one gave me a straight answer or teh rate that was quoted to me over the phone last week. I know I can talk to someone else to get it figured out, but its such a headache.

Ya I know it's do-able. It's just a headache. And it was bad enough getting SiriusXM to transition me from Sirius to XM based radio (with XM premier) it was do-able but not before countless countless calls due to screwups on their end.