Grand Ole Opry Guest List

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Dec 18, 2010.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Tonight on The Grand Ole Opry: Marty Stuart w/ Special guest Roger McGuinn

9pm on Country Christmas

Other guests: This Week at the Opry

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

It's An Opry Reunion for Trace Adkins and Toby Keith

1/29 @ 9pm on The Roadhouse
    Toby Keith returns to the Opry with labelmate and Opry member Trace Adkins to perform at the historic Ryman Auditorium this Saturday. Toby hasn’t played the Opry since his debut in 2002.

â€I’m looking forward to that,†Trace told “The Boot.†“It’s been a while since I’ve been at the Ryman. Being there and with Toby coming in, it’s going to be a lot of fun.†The two played the Opry together last time but Trace was unaware. “I didn’t know that,†Trace admits. “Did I really? I had no idea.†Trace recently signed with Toby’s Show Dog Universal record label in January and will hit the road immediately following the Opry show, performing in Pembroke Pines, Florida January 30.

The two have a long friendship that goes beyond business. Toby says, “We go way, way back to the days before either one of us ever came to Nashville, and the connections that we have are pretty ironic to say the least.†“We were always playing some of the same bars. I’d play a club, he’d play a club. I’d see his picture up and mine would be hanging up, too. We didn’t play much together because we were never at the same bars at the same time.†The two hit the stage this Saturday, performing back to back shows.

Also scheduled to appear: Laura Bell Bundy & Carter's Chord

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

For future shows- This is not mentioned anywhere on XM or Sirius: (all times approx)
    Sat Night Opry runs 9pm- 10:45pm
    30 min intermission
    11:30pm- 1:15am

I never knew that they carried the 2nd half of the show on Roadhouse- probably missed the best part of the show!

4. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Xm 10 / sirius 62

Friday Night Opry
    Tomorrow 9:00 pm ET
    Scheduled to appear: Ronnie Milsap, Diamond Rio, Mel Tillis, Terri Clark, The Grascals, and more.
    Grand Ole Opry

Sat 2/12 9:00 pm ET
    Scheduled to appear: Ronnie Milsap, Danny Gokey, Aaron Tippin, Terri Clark, The Secret Sisters, and more.

5. SIRIUSaboutXM

Don't trust Sirius to keep the Roadhouse page updated- find official guest list here: This Week at the Opry

Sat 2/12

Jimmy Dickens
    The Whites
    Terri Clark
    Jeannie Seely
    Jack Greene
    Danny Gokey
    INTERMISSION
    Bill Anderson
    Jimmy C. Newman
    The Secret Sisters
    Opry Square Dancers
    Mike Snider
    Jesse McReynolds & The Virginia Boys
    Aaron Tippins

Upcoming highlights
    Fri 2/25
    Oak Ridge Boys, Gretchen Wilson, Montgomery Gentry, Neal McCoy, Mark Chesnutt, Marty Stuart, and more.

Sat 2/26
    The Doobie Brothers:ter: and more.

Fri 3/4
    Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, Rodney Atkins, and more.

Sat 3/5
    Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Terri Clark, Edens Edge, and more.

Fri 3/11
    Josh Turner, Ralph Stanley, Ricky Skaggs, The Brock McGuire Band, and more.

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

Grammy Winners Take Over the Opry

An array of artists who've won a total of more than 65 Grammy® Awards is headed for the Opry stage this weekend. The Opry welcomes the Doobie Brothers for the very first time along with fellow Grammy® winners Alison Krauss, Dan Tyminski, Vince Gill, Gretchen Wilson, the Oak Ridge Boys, and American blues artist Keb' Mo.' Also taking the stage: Neal McCoy, Montgomery Gentry, Marty Stuart, and more! (All times approx)

Friday, February 25
    9:00 – 9:30
    Marty Stuart
    Connie Smith
    Bobby Osborne & Rocky Top X-Press
    Mark Chesnutt

9:30 – 10:00
    Jimmy Dickens
    Jesse McReynolds & The Virginia Boys
    Riders In The Sky
    Montgomery Gentry

10:00 – 10:15
    INTERMISSION

10:15 – 10:45
    Bill Anderson
    Neal McCoy
    Gretchen Wilson

10:45 – 11:15
    Vince Gill
    Oak Ridge Boys
    Alison Krauss & Dan Tyminski

Saturday, February 26

9:00 - 9:30
    Jimmy Dickens
    Jeannie Seely
    Jimmy C. Newman
    Joey + Rory

9:30 – 10:00
    Mike Snider
    Jean Shepard
    Jim Ed Brown
    The Doobie Brothers

10:00 – 10:15
    INTERMISSION

10:15 – 10:45
    Bill Anderson
    The Whites
    Alison Krauss & Dan Tyminski
    Opry Square Dancers

10:45 – 11:15
    Vince Gill
    Sarah Darling
    Keb' Mo'

7. goreds2

Xm10

Go Doobies !!!

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

Doobies make 1st ever appearance a memorable one. They started with 'Nobody' from their newest CD "World Gone Crazy", then did a bluegrass version of 'Blackwater" and closed out the set with a country-fied rendition of 'Listen to the Music'. They got the crowd to sing the last 2 songs and the ovation was louder than I have ever heard at the Opry. This was a real treat!

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

In case you missed it

Blackwater- Live @ the Opry
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3P6HXHCYVc]YouTube - The Doobie Brothers perform "Black Water" at the Opry[/ame]

Listen to this music (and turn your speakers up):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M3jXaK8lSk&feature=channel]YouTube - The Doobie Brothers - "Listen To The Music" at the Opry[/ame]

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

Fri 3/25
    Craig Campbell
    Pam Tillis
    Diamond Rio

Sat 3/26
    Tommy Shaw ( of Styx & Damn Yankees)
    Carrie Underwood

11. SIRIUSaboutXM

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpDP0Y2UV-E]YouTube - Tommy Shaw performs I'll Be Coming Home at the Opry[/ame]

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

Just in from The Grand Ole Opry: American Idol Scotty McCreery and runner-up Lauren Alaina have just been added to the Opry's star-packed lineup for CMA Music Fest week. The two country favorites from season 10 of the show will join Randy Travis, Charley Pride, Billy Ray Cyrus, and more on the Opry Friday, June 10. Tune to SiriusXM 56 Willie's Roadhouse >9 pm - 10:30 pm ET

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

The Tuesday Night Opry
    Tues 6/7 9:00 pm ET
    The Highway brings you a star-packed Tuesday Night Opry as we head into CMA Music Fest! Listen for your favorites including Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Martina McBride, Darius Rucker, Jerrod Neiman and more surprises! (2 hrs, 30 min)

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

The Grand Ole Opry® presented by Humana® will throw a 75th birthday party for Opry member and country music/Southern rock stalwart Charlie Daniels during its two shows Sat., Oct. 29. Among those scheduled to participate in the birthday shows in addition to the guest of honor are Opry member Clint Black plus special guests The Grascals, Lee Greenwood, and more.

15. SIRIUSaboutXM

This Saturday night Jason Aldean is scheduled- It will be interesting to hear if he gets booed or even show up at all!

[​IMG]

Article from USA Today:
    Also scheduled:

Ricky Skaggs
    Riders In The Sky
    Ray Stevens Will he do "The Streak'?
    Casey James
    Bill Anderson
    Steve Wariner

16. goreds2

17. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Friday, March 01
    Parmalee
    Montgomery Gentry
    Josh Turner
    Blake Shelton

Saturday, March 02
    BJ Thomas w/special guest Richard Marx
    Blake Shelton

18. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]
    B.J. Thomas- The Living Room Sessions

Returning to secular pop music after an extended sojourn in Christian and Christmas music, B.J. Thomas teams up with producer Kyle Lehning for The Living Room Sessions. The title indicates that this 2013 album is an intimate affair and it is, finding Thomas revisiting many of his hits, often in the company of a duet partner. Although Isaac Slade of the Fray joins Thomas for "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," the guests aren't current hitmakers, they're largely peers and colleagues of Thomas', so they fit well with him, with Vince Gill naturally harmonizing on "I Just Can't Help Believing," Keb' Mo' providing some grit on "Most of All," Richard Marx easing into "(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song," and Lyle Lovett providing a counterpoint on "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head." Despite the preponderance of guests -- Steve Tyrell, Etta Britt, and Sara Niemietz also appear, leaving just a third of the album to B.J. himself -- this amiable acoustic album is a showcase for Thomas, who hasn't seemed to lose much vocally, and remains an engaging, friendly presence on record.

01) Don't Worry Baby- B.J. Thomas
    02) I Just Can't Help Believing- B.J. Thomas feat. Vince Gill
    03) Most of All- B.J. Thomas feat. Keb' Mo'
    04) Eyes of a New York Woman- B.J. Thomas
    05) (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song- B.J. Thomas feat. Richard Marx
    06) I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry- B.J. Thomas feat. Isaac Slade
    07) Rock and Roll Lullaby- B.J. Thomas feat. Steve Tyrell
    08) New Looks from an Old Lover- B.J. Thomas feat. Etta Britt
    09) Whatever Happened Old Fashioned Love- B.J. Thomas
    10) Hooked on a Feeling- B.J. Thomas feat. Sara Niemietz
    11) Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head- B.J. Thomas feat. Lyle Lovett
    12) Everybody's Out of Town- B.J. Thomas

19. SIRIUSaboutXM

Poco about to perform at The Opry!! SXM 56

20. goreds2

(Too lazy to google) Is that the group that sang HOLD THE LINE (Love isn't always on time)? If so, I wonder if that is what they performed. Maybe Roseanna?