Happy Thanksgiving 2022

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

What are you all doing this year?

For me it's going to be a quiet day within g football at home. I have 2 days off (which is like a vacation since I work 6 day weeks) and I plan to deep clean my place after my last month's long bender that came to an end on 11.2. So I guess I'm thankful for having 3 weeks getting my life bak together again. Also spending time with Pam this morning so that is always nice.

1669208603507.png

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
He's alive!

We're hosting a small group this year; daughters, mother-in-law (oy!) and a nephew and wife. And we won't do any shopping on black Friday. So there!

Also, we're getting together with cousins on Saturday night.

Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
He's alive!

We're hosting a small group this year; daughters, mother-in-law (oy!) and a nephew and wife. And we won't do any shopping on black Friday. So there!

Also, we're getting together with cousins on Saturday night.
We don't even have American Thanxgiving but for the last 3 weeks everybody has been running Black Friday sales. I assume the same down there. What is the incentive to get up at 3AM to crash the doors and fight with your neighbours over the same deal?

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
What is the incentive to get up at 3AM to crash the doors and fight with your neighbours over the same deal?
It's just part of the big scam. People think they're getting a deal, and they want to get everyone's christmas gift in 1 day. But it's all leftover and discontinued crap that the stores are just trying to clear out.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Those first few holidays after the parents are gone are kinda weird and tough, but it’s great when the rest of the family transitions into taking things over. It’s kind of reassuring when the traditions get passed along. Hope it was a good one Jon.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Me too. All the food was awesome, especially the sweet potato casserole with the melted marshmallows and pecan topping. I needed a serious break before dessert.

Reactions: sadchild

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I should also mention the turkey, roast beef, green bean almondine, stuffing with sausage, warm rolls, and salad. And stuffed mushrooms, and spinach dip, and cakes, pies, and fruit for dessert.

Reactions: HecticArt

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Lots of great food here too. Louisiana Thanksgiving is traditional fare but having a gumbo with it is common.

Tomorrow for lunch I’ll cook a Thai Curry.
First one I ever cooked was on a Black Friday a few years so I made it an annual thing.