Howard 101 Is Better These Days.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I'm starting to tune into 101 more. If you took away Ronnie, Memet, JD, and Brent, what's left of the show these days?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm starting to tune into 101 more. If you took away Ronnie, Memet, JD, and Brent, what's left of the show these days?
Good point.

They played some OJ trial commentary last week from 1995. Most of the "random goofing" segments are either spent goofing on creepy Ronnie, JD's weight or Memet/Brent stuff.

It's funny how Howard took away the Block Party, but continues to entertain the "creepy Ronnie" stuff in the studio. I guess he wanted it for show content.

Not to mention when Howard goes on vacation, the "Best of" stuff is all from the past year or so AND it's replayed Thursday and Friday as well.

The true "old stuff" is 101, but even a lot of that has been whitewashed...do they get Jessica Hahn and a baloney segment? HPE getting hit with the fish?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Look how lean the operation is from who's on the channels. Of course there's a team of people behind the scenes. But remember the programming options of let's say 2010. News, other hosts on 101, the howard tv staffers, scott the engineer, and on and on. I bet howard got a lot less for this 5 year run.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Look how lean the operation is from who's on the channels. Of course there's a team of people behind the scenes. But remember the programming options of let's say 2010. News, other hosts on 101, the howard tv staffers, scott the engineer, and on and on. I bet howard got a lot less for this 5 year run.

Was it ever confirmed that the $500m went to pay his other shows? Bubba paid his staff and I believe his final contract refusal was around $1m, of which I believe he would have had to pay his staff...but did that come from Howard's budget or direct from Sirius?

There was a pay cut down to $460 or $480 (IIRC) for 2011-2015 when he went to three days per week. Remember, at first, he was doing alternate Thursdays with "This Day In Howard History" on the other Thursdays.

Of course, he did a lot of that under the guise of "All Howard All The Time." IMO, what he should have done was had non-stop tapes on a third channel. Of course, what he *really* should have done was had a transition to Bubba as the "flagship Sirius show" with Howard keeping some sort of control of the brand.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm listening to a clip now (originally aired this AM, which probably means it was on last night but whatever) from 2003 with a naked daredevil from Finland. It's classic Howard. At one point, Howard couldn't safely explain what made her orgasm.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Hmmmm... CBS Sports Radio. Ferrall just said he did something for 34C and "the first thing she wanted to do was...have relations with me."

Between this and his PbP of Pittsburgh over Detroit in 2009, he and Bubba both need an uncensored show. (Yes, Bubba has one, but not really.)

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I want the pay out details from the first 500 mill contract more than trumps fake tax records at this point.

Riley got what? $100 per week? Bubba got probably about $1m per year for three years.