I Am Getting A New Phone

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Next year will be the 5G iPhone which will be nice. Maybe by then my provider will have 5G.
5G signals will be short distance travels. The providers will need to have multiple towers in small arews to be effective. Expect 5G in downtown metro areas only. The question is how good is the phone when searching for 5G and using LTE? Back in the early LTE days, when phone was in 3G zones and searching for LTE it used up tonnes of battery.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
By no means am I an early adopter, but I'm thinking of this one since my X is starting to show its age.

I think you are the closest thing we have on this board to an early adapter. Can you tell me the last time you did not have a leading edge phone in your possession?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I think you are the closest thing we have on this board to an early adapter. Can you tell me the last time you did not have a leading edge phone in your possession?
It has been a while hasn’t it?

I just did pay off my iPad that I was financing through Verizon so I’ve got some room on my account for an upgrade. I could always pay the next device off early.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I get a new phone as needed, or whenever the new phone seems to be a bigger than normal change from the one before.

I got the 6 on the first day because of the increased phone size, and I got the X on the first day because that iPhone was considerably different.

I'm waiting for next year to see what they'll come out with.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The next big thing on the iPhone 12 would be 5G, but it’s not widely available in my area. I did mess around with the night mode on the new 11 pro and it is super cool. Maybe when I get it I’ll post pictures.

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I love the dark mode on my iPhone and on my Macbook. Something Apple should introduce years ago.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I am holding it in my hot little hands right now. iPhone 11Pro Max. This thing is huge!
I was able to acquire it without financing so my bill won’t go up any.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My iPhone6S is on it's last legs. I have to fight with it to get it to charge. I am contemplating update to the iPhone11. I don't think the Pro is worth the extra $400. I will have to get used to face id and the bigger screen and no headphone jack. But I have selected my accessories. Just a matter of hitting the checkout button. I am going to buy it outright and therefore not change my plan or engage in a new contract. I think the money saved will make up for itself in 2 years. Also first time I am buying through apple (with a discount from my employer).

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You've fought that phone long enough. You deserve am upgrade.
I like to hold out as long as I can too. I also like to pay for them outright.
The less debt, the better.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Now it is in the incompetent hands of UPS. I wonder why Apple uses them? I suspect they will inexplicably delay my delivery.