I Am Getting A New Phone

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My charging pad arrived. By FedEx. I have 2 pieces coming today still from UPS. Very confused about how Apple did this.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Last time I had issue with UPS was for some charging cables from Apple. I called Apple and had them open a shipping investigation. Magically the cables arrived the next day so the shipping investigation result was delivered. I just opened another one (they wouldn't open one before their promise date which was yesterday had passed). I am hoping for Monday. They will also update AppleCare start date.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Last time I had issue with UPS was for some charging cables from Apple. I called Apple and had them open a shipping investigation. Magically the cables arrived the next day so the shipping investigation result was delivered. I just opened another one (they wouldn't open one before their promise date which was yesterday had passed). I am hoping for Monday. They will also update AppleCare start date.
IT WORKED. UPS still sucks but I have my phone!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Nobody really knows what "the cloud" is anyway.
Maybe it's farther from your house that it used to be.

The launch today got me thinking about how when we went to the Moon (or when Kubrick did an awesome job of faking it) they had rooms full of old school computers that put together were less powerful than a phone today. And that got me thinking about how it's not all that different now. We still have huge server farms all over the place holding all our cloud stuff. I bet in 50 years they will be way smaller too.

That's progress.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The launch today got me thinking about how when we went to the Moon (or when Kubrick did an awesome job of faking it) they had rooms full of old school computers that put together were less powerful than a phone today. And that got me thinking about how it's not all that different now. We still have huge server farms all over the place holding all our cloud stuff. I bet in 50 years they will be way smaller too.

That's progress.

What's scary is with all this advancement, the chances of us getting back to the moon is near 0.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
What's scary is with all this advancement, the chances of us getting back to the moon is near 0.

They were saying on the NASA live-stream today that we are scheduled to go back in 2024.

Maybe they can get Paul Thomas Anderson or Chris Nolan to stage it this time around. Haha.