I lose my free lifetime internet radio when I swap a radio?

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
I went to log on to my free sirius internet radio from having my lifetime sub
and i could not log on,i checked my account and it is now gone after i swapped
for the new lynx radio(my 1st and only swap) i emailed
and asked why i lost my free internet and this is the response i got back.
can anyone verify if this is true or do i need to speak to someone else?

Response To Your Inquiry (John Christopher) 06/17/2013 12:33 PM
Dear Mr. Freeman,

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding your account.

Please be advised that the Free Internet Listening service will be removed once you transfer your Lifetime Plan to another radio. If you wish to continue listening online, we recommend that you purchase a Premier SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription.

If you have an active radio on your account, we can link a Premium SiriusXM Internet Radio service to this. A linked Premium Internet Listening service will be $3.50 a month plus taxes. However, if you do not have an active radio or you wish for a stand-alone Premium SiriusXM Internet Radio service, the monthly fee is $14.49 plus taxes.

For more information regarding the said service, please refer to the link below:

SiriusXM Internet Radio - SiriusXM Radio

If you wish to subscribe to Premium SiriusXM Internet Radio service, we recommend that you contact our Listener Care at the number provided below.

We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. You can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking
https://care.siriusxm.com/

Thank you,

John
SiriusXM Listener Care
1-866-635-2349

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Wow. I had free internet radio until about a couple of years ago. But somewhere along the line it changed.

Since I've had the app on my phone, I've had to pay for it :(

And I've never transferred a radio on my lifetime subscriptions! :eek:mfg:

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
got this back in an email,i have not had time to call,

Mr .Freeman,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Social Media. We apologize for the issues that you are currently having with your account.You are correct in stating that by changing the radio on a customers lifetime plan that the free internet radio service is lost, but I am contacting you so that we may add it back to your account. You may contact me or any agent in my department directly for assistance in resolving your issue.Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jamie MacDonald

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
got this back in an email,i have not had time to call,

Mr .Freeman,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Social Media. We apologize for the issues that you are currently having with your account.You are correct in stating that by changing the radio on a customers lifetime plan that the free internet radio service is lost, but I am contacting you so that we may add it back to your account. You may contact me or any agent in my department directly for assistance in resolving your issue.Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jamie MacDonald

Jamie has been a great help to me and the wife in the past, got my Lynx thanks to him.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Hmmm...have not used the "free" streaming in years.
I need the $3.50 per month streaming plan for use on the iOS app and my Sonos system.
IIRC, the "free" streaming only works on a computer, correct??

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
this was better than i had hoped for!
thanks hectic for the advice!
no questions,no problems! just fixed it and what a nice guy! did you know he is in nova scotia aye??

Mr .Freeman,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. As we had discussed your account is now set up on the SiriusXM Premier lifetime plan with the internet radio attached. As we also discussed because of the way that our computers are set up we can only add the internet radio for three years at a time and when your service is ready to run out in June 2016 we will add the internet radio again. If you require assistance with either your service or on line account you may also contact me or any agent in my department directly for assistance .Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jamie MacDonald

Last edited:

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
it even works on my rooted nook with the android app!
it did not work before with the free internet service!

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
i tried hooking up my old sl2 and when i connected to the wifi it said i need to buy a subscription to use it...

how did you get it to work?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
i tried hooking up my old sl2 and when i connected to the wifi it said i need to buy a subscription to use it...

how did you get it to work?

Sometimes old radios never get the deactivation signal from the sats and can keep running. Sometimes they will work for quite a while before the deactivation signal finally catched up to them.

A few folks have called SXM more than once to let them know it hadn't been deactivated. I guess it can be hit or miss sometimes.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Sometimes old radios never get the deactivation signal from the sats and can keep running. Sometimes they will work for quite a while before the deactivation signal finally catched up to them.

A few folks have called SXM more than once to let them know it hadn't been deactivated. I guess it can be hit or miss sometimes.

I found two XM radios & one Sirius radio in storage. None had ever been on when I called to deactivate those radios.

(One Roady2. One MyFy. And one Streamer GTR)

I plugged all three of them in, turned them on, and none of them did anything more than say call xxx-xxx-xxxx to subscribe :(

I donated all of them, & a brand new Streamer Replay, to charity :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I found two XM radios & one Sirius radio in storage. None had ever been on when I called to deactivate those radios.

(One Roady2. One MyFy. And one Streamer GTR)

I plugged all three of them in, turned them on, and none of them did anything more than say call xxx-xxx-xxxx to subscribe :(

I donated all of them, & a brand new Streamer Replay, to charity :)

Yet my experience is the exact opposite. I purchased a head unit turner from Amazon. When we hooked it up it was already activated. So, I decided I would wait and when it quit working call and subscribe. Well that has been 18 months ago and it still going strong.

I also have a Skydock that doesn't have a sub on it, but yet it works and has worked for over a year. This is the one that I called them several times about and they say its not in their system so they can't do anything.

I also have an XM Express RC that has remained active for over 3 years.

I do pay for one sub in my 2nd car. But I have always wondered how many subs they lose because of this issue. I've had Sirius Radios do the same thing. This is a very common issue.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
My Lynx has been working since I got it. oddly, I hardly use the sat side on it. I use my internet sub i pay for on it mostly, though. The lynx was won on ebay, in box, but was won from some golf tournament. They sold it on ebay.I'm guessing the person who made it a prize must have put a year or lifetime sub on it.

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
looking online for some speakers to hook the lynx up to,
all of a sudden it hits me,i have the sl2 boombox i got for free from sirius,
plug in the aux cord! bam! wow my free internet radio never sounded like this!
put on the sinatra channel just to hear some nice clean music and wow again!
I am really impressed with this radio,that or my starmate radio is really that old. :)