I'm Buying A Tv

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Congrats on your future purchase, I own a smart TV as well and enjoy some of the features. I thought you already own a Apple TV? But I would definitely recommend one, if you want extra internet channels. Then I would recommend a Roku, that device has tons of channels that Apple TV will probably never have.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Congrats on your future purchase, I own a smart TV as well and enjoy some of the features. I thought you already own a Apple TV? But I would definitely recommend one, if you want extra internet channels. Then I would recommend a Roku, that device has tons of channels that Apple TV will probably never have.
I've looked at Roku. Apple has everything they have that's important without all the unknown channels I've never heard of. I have an Apple TV but it's 720p.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I've looked at Roku. Apple has everything they have that's important without all the unknown channels I've never heard of. I have an Apple TV but it's 720p.

I don't own a Roku either, but I plan on getting one sometime next year. Because I'll probably be cutting the cable cord one day soon.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I've heard good things about vizio. The smart features on the tv negate the need for a roku. I'll get everything Monday.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
We have a 70 inch 3D Vizio. Their very very nice. The Roku is awesome The best part about it is all the different channels you can find. Vizio has some nice apps but it's nothing like the Roku

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Got here today along with the Apple TV. Plugged it in and played around with it. Nice! Picture is super sharp. Netflix in 1080p looks damn good. The amplified antenna for local channels arrives tomorrow.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Hooked up Amazon prime today. Browsing the video content, not super impressed with their TV selection but they do have some things Netflix doesn't.

Movies look about the same as Netflix, with some things they don't have. I'll have to look into their original programming.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Got here today along with the Apple TV. Plugged it in and played around with it. Nice! Picture is super sharp. Netflix in 1080p looks damn good. The amplified antenna for local channels arrives tomorrow.

What kind of antenna did you buy?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Jon, see how iTunes movies in HD look on your new TV. When I rent HD movies they are not full screen and I can't figure it out.

However, when I used Netflix on the Apple TV it is full screen.

For me Netflix is better on the Apple TV than on my TV connected to the Internet. My TV is maybe three years old.

Sent from my iPad Air

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Jon, see how iTunes movies in HD look on your new TV. When I rent HD movies they are not full screen and I can't figure it out.

For me Netflix is better on the Apple TV than on my TV connected to the Internet. My TV is maybe three years old.

Sent from my iPad Air
Vizio remote controls have a screen ratio button labeled "wide". This might sort it out.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
So far so good with it. My old model Terk (non-amplified) used to get choppy signal every time the wind picked up. Hasn't happened with this one. And all the channels come in crystal clear. I even have a 24-hour weather channel with Weather Nation on digital.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I may buy this at Meijer onThursday.

cleardot.png
cleardot.png
Columbus Meijer Weekly Ads -- Top Brands at Low Prices | Shop Today and Save

Jon

Dec 16, 2008

Sent from my iPad Air
I'll probably try it with one this week. Netflix and Amazon look fantastic on it.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Loving the TV so far. The antenna works nicely for OTA (which I watch only for news, to have it around for when the shit hits the fan, and some PBS stuff) and Netflix and Amazon compliment each other nicely. I'd like to get on Hulu Plus because they have some content I want, but I can't see paying a monthly charge for still having ads. I thought they were introducing an ad-free service for more money?

Between the two of them I also have all the stuff on iTunes, Beats Music, iTunes Radio, Pandora and iHeart Radio. Plus podcasts and the one purchased season I bought on iTunes (Big Bang Theory).