Ios 10

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I was thinking about it, but I remember last time I was a beta tester and I had quite a few issues last time. So I don't know if I want to pull the trigger.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Tempting. I really only have one device since my old iPad mini crapped out, so I don't know if I want to put it on that.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Tempting. I really only have one device since my old iPad mini crapped out, so I don't know if I want to put it on that.

I don't own my old iPad anymore, I only have a iPhone 6 and MacBook Pro. But after watching couple of videos and reading about the previews, I decided to pull the trigger and take a chance. So I should have iOS 10 Public Beta 1 in a few minutes on my iPhone.

I won't do any beta testing on my new macbook, I do recommend do a major backup to the iCloud and your computer. Because I found an option, you can go back to iOS 9.3 or whatever release version is currently out if you don't like the iOS 10 beta version.

About iOS beta software - Apple Support

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I officially have iOS 10 beta and it kinda inserting looking. I tried out the texting and I like some of the new features like heartbeat, sketch words, recording video with sketch some of the meme pics are kinda lame and I see you can share songs in text. I'm still discovering more things as I go along.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
No trouble so far. I tried the new message features but the recipient couldn't see them since they're not on iOS 10 yet

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
No trouble so far. I tried the new message features but the recipient couldn't see them since they're not on iOS 10 yet

The recipient didn't see the the text live, but I did see them on there screen.

Do you find that at your normal brightness level the screen is unusually dim?

I keep my brightness level in the middle, yea that might drain my battery more. But it helps out my eyes.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I like the new widgets screen when you swipe right, a little more user friendly feels like and finally able to clear all notifications at once finally.

Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I like the new widgets screen when you swipe right, a little more user friendly feels like and finally able to clear all notifications at once finally.
I like that too.

The "rise to wake" feature is nice.

It's cool that the flashlight now has 3 brightness levels.

3D touch seems more useful in iOS 10!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I will pass on the Beta. My past experiences with iOS upgrades is that if you are not on the latest phone, things become buggy and slower and consume more battery. Since this will be designed no doubt for the iPhone7, my 6S may slag.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I like that too.

The "rise to wake" feature is nice.

It's cool that the flashlight now has 3 brightness levels.

3D touch seems more useful in iOS 10!

I'm going to try out the "rise to wake" feature and unfortunately I don't have the 3 brightness levels on my 6. I'll try that out whenever I get the 7.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I will pass on the Beta. My past experiences with iOS upgrades is that if you are not on the latest phone, things become buggy and slower and consume more battery. Since this will be designed no doubt for the iPhone7, my 6S may slag.

I don't blame yea, I was probably going to pass. But I like couple of the new feature upgrades and I will probably have a new phone in a couple of months.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
So far my battery is at 57% and I have only listen to a few podcasts and couple of social media apps like Tapatalk. I guess this iOS 10 will drain my battery faster? But I still like they new features and have couple issues with apps crashing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
So far my battery is at 57% and I have only listen to a few podcasts and couple of social media apps like Tapatalk. I guess this iOS 10 will drain my battery faster? But I still like they new features and have couple issues with apps crashing.

That is usually how it works.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That is usually how it works.

Yea seriously right after lunch about an hour it suddenly drop to 30%, I was like WTF? I had to charge it right away. My only major complain so far is my phone constantly drops the bluetooth signal for no reason.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yea seriously right after lunch about an hour it suddenly drop to 30%, I was like WTF? I had to charge it right away. My only major complain so far is my phone constantly drops the bluetooth signal for no reason.
Mine has trouble regaining LTE after it goes into a 3G zone occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'm truly pleased that they're getting rid of Game Center and that you can delete stock apps (like Stocks). I can name on one hand the amount of stock apps I use.

I hope to be getting an iPad Pro in the not too distant future and will probably try the beta on my phone if it's not released by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk