Ios 8

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The instant hotspot will be useful also.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I was looking around to see if anyone had downloaded OS X 10.10 yet.

I did day one on my mid 2014 MBPr.

I really like it a lot.

But, when I shutdown at night and restart in the morning the apple logo comes up, there are weird lines on the screen. Then I have to reset my desktop background.

I'll keep an eye out. I have no issues with Mavericks previously.

Sent from my iPad Air

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
The sad thing is I went to a couple of Apple sites/boards to try to get some info. Anyone that said there was bugs or crashes got pounced on by fanboys calling them liars.

My iPad mini still has shitty battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Last edited:
Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
My 3rd gen iPad was crashing regularly after upgrading to iOS 8. I ended up doing a wipe and fresh reinstall from my computer and then restored my iCloud backup and it's working great now. It's worth a shot if you're having a lot of problems.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
It looks like just a security patch.

My primary issues are primarily with email alerts. They seem to be a bit random.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

I just installed it. Looks the same to me. But I've heard the Apple is working on 8.2 feverishly because 8.1.1 is hosed up for some people.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Man, they are dropping the ball big time lately. This is not typical for them. Jobs must be clawing his way out of his grave to go kick some ass.

I'll wait to install. At least with MS you usually know when to avoid updates. Their screw ups are predictable.

Sent from Tapatalk

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I tired the wipe and clean install. It still has bad battery life. It sucks because I really dig the iPad mini. I made sure my wife didn't up date her Macbook yet. I'm afraid she will get that wifi bug.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I tired the wipe and clean install. It still has bad battery life. It sucks because I really dig the iPad mini. I made sure my wife didn't up date her Macbook yet. I'm afraid she will get that wifi bug.
I wouldn't for a while, So far the new update hasn't had the problem, but I'd give it a few weeks just to be safe.

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Another issue with iPOS8.1.1. When I get an alert, it will turn down the music on the headphones for a couple of seconds while alert plays then restore the volume after alert is done. Lately it will not return the volume. Sometimes it forgets to play the alert. Sometimes it decides the alert needs to be played at 100% volume regardless of the setting. Only way to correct is to kill the music app and restart.

I really wish Apple would get their shit together. I really no longer trust iPOS to do anything it is supposed to do.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Another issue with iPOS8.1.1. When I get an alert, it will turn down the music on the headphones for a couple of seconds while alert plays then restore the volume after alert is done. Lately it will not return the volume. Sometimes it forgets to play the alert. Sometimes it decides the alert needs to be played at 100% volume regardless of the setting. Only way to correct is to kill the music app and restart.

I really wish Apple would get their shit together. I really no longer trust iPOS to do anything it is supposed to do.
I used to have a similar thing like that happen with my old Droid X when listening to Slacker. I don't remember if a Slacker update fixed it or if I was stuck with the issue since VZW doesn't let droids update often. At least you stand a chance Apple will eventually get it right.