Ios 9 Available For Download.........now!

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Jon, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Some people are having a little issue with the download failure, but give it a few minutes and it should work. I would suggest downloading later since everyone in the known universe is probably doing it at the same time.

iOS 9 - What’s New - Apple

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'll wait a few days to update my ipad. Wait to see how it works for people.

Sent from Tapatalk

3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

As always I will wait for my phone to tell me. After being screwed with iPOS8, am a bit leery of jumping to iOS9.

4. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I got it... Checking it out now

HecticArt likes this.
  5. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Downloading iOS 9 now

HecticArt likes this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Just finished downloading and there are some new features that got added:

an extra hour of battery life to consume power in settings
    notes have been redesigned
    a news app
    closing apps have changed a bit

I'll try some other new stuff later and I'll update my iPad probably this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    HecticArt likes this.
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

Notes have been resigned? Does that mean no more notes or did you mean redesigned? I like notes.

8. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I meant redesigned

IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  9. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

For those with Macs, Apple pushed out an iTunes update last night it said was compatible with iOS9 and OS X El Capitan.

10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

You can do more with Notes than just typing. Pasting pictures, drawing, I think even voice notes.

11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I've been using Notes Plus on my work iPad. I hand write all of my meeting notes on it, can sketch, type, insert photos and audio clips. It exports to PDFs and does a bunch of other things. It's the best one I've found so far.

12. IdRatherBeSkiing

I downloaded on my iPad. I like the shift key now changes the case of the keyboard. Will do my phone sometime later.

13. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

Trying to update all the Apple devices in the house now. The iPhone 5 is just sitting saying "Update Requested..."

14. IdRatherBeSkiing

Did my iPhone tonight. Took a couple of hours (iPad took 2o minutes). After the piss poor experience I had upgrading to iPOS8, I decided to update it via iTunes. Took even longer and for a moment it looked like I had a brick.

Now updating the 35 things from the store which suddenly need updating.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  15. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

It was the opposite for me since I have the 6 plus and the original iPad mini. The phone took about 15 minutes where the iPad took almost 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I use Notability on my iPhone and the ancient iPad Mini (1st gen). Works nicely, will work even nicer with the iPad pro and Apple Pencil. (Yes, I'm getting one!)

Other than 3D Touch, there really are no major changes to the iPhone that are worth getting a new one for. I'll wait for iPhone 7 Plus.

17. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have found battery life much worse on iOS9. Also notifications are a bit flaky. I went for a full hour without one about 1:30 today. I had notifications turned on for every NFL game and several baseball games.

18. IdRatherBeSkiing

I am looking at upgrading my iPhone5 this year. I think I will go with the 6S rather than the 6 but will do so in December. When is the 7 coming out?

19. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Probably about this time next year if the upgrade cycle holds.

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

Can't wait that long.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk