Iphone 6 / 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Aaron, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

2. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I finally got some usage out of my 6 today, basically listening to music today at work. This morning, I downloaded a few albums from my iTunes Match and listen to them for a few hours and the battery usage stayed strong and only went down a few percent. The only hit on battery usage was playing certain games and downloading/updating apps.

So far I am, I am loving the 6 a hell a lot better than the old 5. I'm already getting use to the bigger screen and plus typing feels a bit faster too now. Today I notice a co-worker, was using an old 4 or 4S because it had the old wide pin slot and he notice my big phone. He thought, I had a S4 or something and I showed him, it the new 6 and let him check it and he kinda complain the screen too big, but it feels a lot lighter.

Aaron likes this.
  3. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  4. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Hey Wolf or Jon, have you tried watching Netflix or any kind of video on your new phone yet?
    Isn't it nice? :)

5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Since I've been working I haven't had a chance. I'll try it today.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I watched a little bit of 'Burn Notice' on Netflix and it did look great. It'll look better when they optimize Netflix for the iPhone 6/plus. I'll try WatchESPN later when the games are on.

7. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Caught a little bit of Texas A&M/Miss. State on Watch ESPN and it looked and sounded good. The stock speaker on this phone is more than decent.

8. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I watch some news video off of youtube the other day, I know quality might not be there from youtube. But I enjoyed watching video on a bigger screen screen now. I'll try and catch a real video on there one day.

Ehilbert1 likes this.
  9. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I knew you guys would love the bigger screen. I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to compare the 6 plus and the Note 4. They have some working units of each at the BB near me. I've been on YouTube checking out the 6 plus reviews and some guys from work have them too.

Jon and Wolf like this.
  10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I ditched Tweetlogix and downloaded Tweetbot which is optimized for iPhone 6. Looks great.

11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

It's 5 o'clock and I'm sitting on 63% battery life. Which is the best of any phones I've had ever. And it's been on and unplugged since 4 this morning.

HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's solid performance right there.

13. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

14. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

But will you get brave enough to reach into the toilet after you've dropped it before the 10 seconds is up? Then how do you wash it well enough to not get the hee-bee-gee-bees to put it up to your face to use it again?

Actually, 10 seconds is pretty decent.

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

That sounds like the microwave charging scam.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

17. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Wolf likes this.
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think it's the law of averages. At some point in time, a case is going to save your butt.
    I like that my phones look as close to new as can be expected after a couple of years of use. I can take the case off when I'm going somewhere nice, and my phone doesn't look like hell.

Wolf likes this.
  19. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

20. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

So far so good with me. I've carried it around in a holster and in a pocket that it fits loosely in, and have had no issues. I've dropped it while looking at it when I get up in the morning but I did that with the 5S too.

The landscape mode on the 6 Plus probably makes it easier also.