iPhone 6 rumor mill

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Aaron, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I will be able to leave Sprint next October. When I do, I'm hoping to go to Verizon or AT&T and get an iPhone 5p :)

3. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

My 2 year contract will finally be up in several months and I can upgrade to an iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

4. Manco

Manco Active Member

I don't think having something 1/2 the thickness of a 3GS is a great idea, I think there is such a thing as too thin. I guess since most people just make them thicker by adding a case, maybe it makes sense then, but I prefer a case free phone myself.

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I would rather they use the extra space for a bigger and much better battery. Right now they have too much phone for the supplied battery.

This goes event more so if they increase the screen size and therefore the power consumption.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I hear each new iPhone will come with it's own rumor mill.

7. IdRatherBeSkiing

As long as they provide sufficient battery to power it, I have no objection.

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Don't they make special cases now that increase battery life? Might want to look into that.

9. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have never heard that. Not sure how the case would do that.

Lots of Android phones seem to have great battery life. I think the iPhone6 should compete without the need for a special case. For me that will probably be the #1 factor in me sticking with Apple after my next hardware renewal comes up.

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

It has a battery in it. Mophie, for instance.

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

That looks cool. Also has extra storage. But just got a new leather case which doubles as a wallet for Xmas.

Still doesn't change the point that iPhone6 needs more battery power.

12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

My wife's iPhone battery never runs out.

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

Mine needs a charge midday. Didn't do it today and am at 36%. Lots of notifications. The. 5 is definitely worse than my 4 was. But it could just be the newer iOS.

14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I don't remember if she has a 5 or a 5s. Maybe you're doing it wrong?

15. IdRatherBeSkiing

Nonsense. I am doing it the way I want. When i upgrade I will upgrade to a phone which does what I want and doesn't drain the battery.

16. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I bought a Mophie for my 4S and when I bought my 5S I bought one for it too. I keep it as a backup. I turn it off and when my battery on the phone alerts me I turn it on and it charges my phone.

I thought the 4S was thin enough, I wish Apple would have made the 5S just as thick and made the battery a 2-3 day battery.

17. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Which is exactly why I switched to a phone that meets m daily need in terms of battery life and screen size. I had not realized how conservative I operated till I got the N3.

Until sales are impacted do not expect Apple to get off the thinner is better kick. If they make a phone with a bigger wider screen that will afford them more room for a bigger battery. With record holiday sales though I do not see them changing course on thinner.

Loving my Note 3 and could not imagine going back to a small screen and battery on an iPhone at this point. Battery cases is really the only option for using an iPhone for most power users.

Sent from Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Smarter for Apple at the moment would be (if they aren't giving a bigger screen) would be to keep the thickness the same and go for a 2 to 3 day charge. That's the #1 complaint I hear from my iFriends. They are shocked I get that much from a charge.

Sent from Tapatalk.

19. Manco

Manco Active Member

Apple will go thin because thin is free, whereas adding a bigger battery raises the cost of goods thus reducing their profits.

20. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

If they were concerned with cost with me just make a plastic phone like an android

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk so give me a break!