Iphone 6s Or 7 Rumor Mill

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by Wolf, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Commodity pricing has never been Apple's strategy. Android hardware can always undercut them on price.

HecticArt likes this.
  3. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

4. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I know, but introducing a smaller phone should include a small price. Hopefully the iPhone 7 won't be higher then normal. But it doesn't matter, I'm still going to buy one anyway.

5. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

And that's why they charge what they charge.

HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

How come watch software has it's own numbering schemes?

8. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I don't think that just because Apple makes a smaller phone, they can go back to the prices they had two years ago.

I'm sure Apple had to do a lot of upgrading in both hardware & software.

Maybe they have a budget for failures. If it fails, they'll need to have money set aside just to make them feel better

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

And Android has several manufacturers. It's good for competitive pricing, but does create the other issues that Android users have to put up with.

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

They are simply replacing their low end phone (the 5S) with a higher end phone. The lowest price one is probably going to be the 6 now. This phone is not cheap. It has the guts of a 6S just a smaller screen and no 3D touch.

11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Working now, I'll do it when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

You realize that price is for an unlocked model with no commitment? I'm sure the cellphone companies will add a subsidy to bring the upfront cost to under $100 on a 2 year term.

13. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I know, but I still find it pricey for a smaller phone. Where you can get a bigger phone for the same price.

14. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Most phones are pretty much unlocked now, I could buy any iPhone at the Apple store and they program which carrier I want. I agree the carriers will try anything to get people buy or upgrade to this phone.

15. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Finally my watch sees the new update, it currently updating and taking forever.

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

In Canada, most are still locked because there is a huge difference in price (my phone was $400 vs $1200). After 3 months they have to unlock it now (new law) for a fee of course.

17. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

The American and Canadian laws are different, what I can recall and find.

New rules: How to unlock your smartphone | Computerworld

My iPhone is still under contract and I believe it ends sometime in September/October. So I couldn't go to another carrier, but I don't plan anyway, since I have unlimited data again with AT&T.

18. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

19. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

20. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

To iPhone 6S owners... do you find battery life okay?

I can't make it through a day without needing to charge. Not even close.
    I find battery life worse than on the 6. Granted the phone gets heavy use, but this is miserable.

Other than that, I still love the phone. :)