"It's a long haul the rest of the year."

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
According to many articles and financial reports, Howard gets so much money per year to program his two channels. The amount is debatable, but it has to be a good number.

That being said, if a performer on one of his channels is underpaid/disgruntled, it falls on the underdeveloped shoulders of only one poor excuse of a man - Howard Stern.

Forget that he promised THREE channels of top notch programming, he can't come close to filling one channel with decent content.
I believe Bubba and Ferrall get paid out of a different budget than the rest of the Howard channels.
If both Bubba and Stern leave in January, 100 and 101 are going to be mighty desolate channels.
100 and 101 won't go off the air. If anything it'll be classic Stern and maybe three new Stern shows a week when he's actually on air.
I argue that it falls on the shoulders of the sucker that sticks around to be treated like that. Bubba told Sirius to stick it up their ass and is doing better on terrestrial radio than they gave him credit for. Any of the rest of the staff that feels disgruntled can certainly also do the same. As Bubba says, "You cut your own deal, kid".
Bubba offered Sirius XM a live uncensored show, if they could let him go 10-2. Sirius XM turned that down. What does that say for them?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Not to mention the 6 episodes of "Geek Time" that are produced each year.

I lol'd because this is one of the better up 'n coming shows. I'd be more interested if it was developed and advertised better.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Bubba offered Sirius XM a live uncensored show, if they could let him go 10-2. Sirius XM turned that down. What does that say for them?

That they are stupid, short-sighted and narrow-minded.

Reactions: Chob

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
How much is Bubba asking for anyway?

Unless Sirius has hard evidence that nobody listens to Bubba.
The only real numbers they ever got was the Fall 2007 Arbitrons that had him as a the #2 show on all of satellite radio, averaging 276,000 listeners per show.

As for his pay, they wanted him to take a pay cut for his second contract. I had the specifics in a thread here somewhere. I might have to do some digging.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
After much reminiscing over old school DRC threads I have found what I've been looking for.

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/...mn-bubbas-shot-out-cannon-today-oct-30th.html

-Bubba's take home earnings after paying his guys and studio costs was $181,000 in his first year at Sirius XM

-His contract for the first two years was for $950,000, the next offer he got was $500,000. So they took a highly rated show that performed well and went on trips to promote Sirius and offered them LESS money to return.

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I lol'd because this is one of the better up 'n coming shows. I'd be more interested if it was developed and advertised better.

Not today (August 7th), but on August 14th, a new Geek Time. They should be talking about Comic Con in that one.