L.a. Clippers Could Possibly Move?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Wolf, May 27, 2014.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

semipenguin likes this.
  2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I heard on ESPN Radio that any expansion team in Seattle would cost about $1B for the new owners. It might be a good idea for someone to buy the team and move it there then ad a 31st team. At least it would already be a contender, but all the players and coaches would have to move to Washington o_O

Washington has no income tax, so that would be a plus for those high priced players :)

These television contracts with the leagues has really inflated the price of these sports franchises. The Dodgers were sold for $2B. The Browns for $1B.

I heard the Steinbrenners where thinking of selling the Yankees. Possible for well more than what the Dodgers were sold for :eek:

3. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Add another team in a league where half the teams can't even compete?:rolleyes:

4. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

They could always expand the playoffs? :p

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

This years first round of the playoffs (playoffs?) was the most competitive ever :rolleyes:

6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

semipenguin likes this.
  7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

No :)

They can have the Clippers, tho, and rename them the Super Sonics :oops:

8. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

It will be an interesting battle, L.A. will probably want to keep the Clippers. But I would like to see Seattle get their team back and finally the NBA has to relian the NBA again. Because they will want the old Seattle and Portland rivalry again.

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Nobody in LA cares about the Clippers except barbers & the Staples Center :oops:

From what I heard on ESPN Radio today, it's the worst arena deal of any NBA team.

They don't even get to keep the money from the suites o_O

Wolf likes this.
  10. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Damn that does suck for the Clippers, I heard some things about the team. But mainly jokes about that franchise, but right now they are the best NBA team in Los Angeles has. So it would probably be best for them to head north now.

I like your joke, mine is Staples like the Clippers mainly for holding paper together. :rolleyes:

semipenguin likes this.
  11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

12. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

If Milwaukee new arena does gets build or not, the Bucks could probably move? But it make more sense for the Clippers, they are not much respected in L.A., but maybe both teams could always move. Seattle wants their team back and Las Vegas is building a new arena.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  13. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

The guy who bought the Super Sonics said he wasn't going to move them :oops:

14. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

But, the guy with the most money in the Seattle ownership group just bought the Clippers. And has said that he won't move the team. Of course, stranger things have happened. But if the Clippers move I'll eat my hat.

15. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

That is true, but sometimes I don't trust new owners often. They usually say, oh we won't move the team. But after a few seasons later if the team doesn't have some good seasons and key players, then the city could turn on the team and possibly move.

Like here in Phoenix, the Coyotes have new owners, they said they don't plan on moving the team, but the new owners are from Canada and Canada is looking for new hockey teams. The new deal does includes if the team makes money, they will stay or if they don't produce enough revenue, then they could move in the next 5 years. For the first season of ownership the Coyotes almost made the playoffs, I don't know how much money they earn for the first season, but I believe it wasn't a good amount, now they have another 4 seasons to go.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    semipenguin likes this.
  16. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

They could always play out of the Honda Center in Anaheim. Kings, Lakers and Dodgers vs Ducks, Clippers and Angels anyone?

Wolf and semipenguin like this.
  17. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Ballmer could probably afford to build his own arena in Seattle, and probably buy a struggling hockey team (Florida Panthers?) and move them along with the Clippers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

semipenguin likes this.
  18. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

19. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Say hello to the new Seattle Clippers/Supersonics. Now they need to add a team in LA, Las Vegas, and Kansas City

semipenguin, Wolf and sbv71 like this.
  20. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark