Lifetime Subscribers: SIRIUS has reduced the price for the Best of XM Lifetime add-on

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm not going to be pulling the trigger on this one, but for those of you that want the Best of XM and are a current SIRIUS lifetime subscriber, you can now get The Best of XM Lifetime add-on for $100 (previously $150).

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
I think that 100 bucks is for adding best of xm to lifetime family plan.
thats what I did

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
What joke!

i'm not going to be pulling the trigger on this one, but for those of you that want the best of xm and are a current sirius lifetime subscriber, you can now get the best of xm lifetime add-on for $100 (previously $150).

no one wants this crap

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
I would be tickled pink if Sirius would let us add a full XM subscription as a family plan for $6.99. If I have to pay a full $12.99 for an full sub, then I might have to cancel two of of my Sirius radios on the family plan to get one XM.

I wonder which way would produce more listeners, subscribers and revenue for the new SiriusXM?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am pretty sure they've done the math. Can you imagine how many people would drop full subs to get secondary subs? I would imagine that number would be pretty significant. Right now they need to earn as much cash as they can.

I too would love the ability to add secondary subscriptions from one service or the other, but I don't even think accounting wise they can do that due to the separate systems. I have a feeling is subscriptions fall off, they may just rethink their math on this.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Dab,

One would have to have a full Sirius sub and an XM radio to get the XM sub on a family plan. Dropping the Sirius sub negates the advantage of obtaining an XM family plan sub. I have run the numbers and it is a net gain for the new company.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Sirius Rich

I would be tickled pink if Sirius would let us add a full XM subscription as a family plan for $6.99. If I have to pay a full $12.99 for an full sub, then I might have to cancel two of of my Sirius radios on the family plan to get one XM.

I wonder which way would produce more listeners, subscribers and revenue for the new SiriusXM?

I have proposed this idea before. If I could get the full XM sub for 6.99 I would be on it. But this best of they can shove it!

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
i paid $150 to get this best of package for my life sub, and now they are offering a discount? WHERE'S MY $50 REBATE!!!??!!?!?!

/snark

really, i think its the smart way to go on this. i think the boxm package is really good for the sports fans but i wonder if $150 extra was too much to entice those people over. i do wonder if they would reciprocate on the xm side to make things "fair" even though they are getting the better end of that deal.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Dab,

One would have to have a full Sirius sub and an XM radio to get the XM sub on a family plan. Dropping the Sirius sub negates the advantage of obtaining an XM family plan sub. I have run the numbers and it is a net gain for the new company.

I think you misunderstood me. Lets say I have an XM sub $12.95 and a Sirius Sub $12.95. If you allowed me to add an XM sub under my Sirius account. I would drop the $12.95 account an add a $6.99 account. I guess it depends on how many dual subscribers that they could potentially lose that additional income from.

But I do agree for non dual subscribers, I would see that has a great potential to add a lot more subscriptions even if it is at a lower rate. Right now however, their accounting system is such that I don't think they can do it.

Right now their accounting system probably doesn't support this and how long will it be before they combine accounting systems that would potentially allow this?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think you misunderstood me. Lets say I have an XM sub $12.95 and a Sirius Sub $12.95. If you allowed me to add an XM sub under my Sirius account. I would drop the $12.95 account an add a $6.99 account. I guess it depends on how many dual subscribers that they could potentially lose that additional income from.

But I do agree for non dual subscribers, I would see that has a great potential to add a lot more subscriptions even if it is at a lower rate. Right now however, their accounting system is such that I don't think they can do it.

Right now their accounting system probably doesn't support this and how long will it be before they combine accounting systems that would potentially allow this?

Since Mel claims that there is not a significant number of dual subs, why would they care about those few droping 1/2 of their sub price? There would be a significant number of people who may add a $6.99 package on their car XM or Sirius tuner which is sitting inactive because they have a PnP or portable of the other provider.

I don't think they have to do a full accounting integration to do it. A simple query terminal of the other system in the CSR office (or supervisor office) would suffice along with a comment on the main system.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Since Mel claims that there is not a significant number of dual subs, why would they care about those few droping 1/2 of their sub price? There would be a significant number of people who may add a $6.99 package on their car XM or Sirius tuner which is sitting inactive because they have a PnP or portable of the other provider.

I don't think they have to do a full accounting integration to do it. A simple query terminal of the other system in the CSR office (or supervisor office) would suffice along with a comment on the main system.

This is true, he did say that there was not a significant number. But I still think it is enough that they aren't going to just give up that extra income. They can't afford to give up one red cent right now. Also remember pulling accounting systems together will cost money too that they don't have right now, so it will likey stay separate for the time being. Also they would need to have access to XM's system to be able to active new subscribers, then they would get two bills one form XM and one from SIRIUS. I don't think this is as easy as you seem to think it is. I know we have an accounting system that I paid a fortune for at work that handles our accounts business and does our payroll. I remember us moving from one system to the new one and it took months to do. There was even a period were we had to do a couple of manual payrolls because it took longer and was more complicated than thought. These things are never easy. Just looking up information won't get it where it needs to be in billing system vs activation system. Their billing and activations systems are tied together on both services.

Last edited:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'm praying for a dual-band Stiletto 3 and a lifetime add-on for XM on the same receiver. I haven't used a single one of my 3 swaps yet, so it would be perfect timing to upgrade.

Last edited:

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
Hmm, at 100 bux its still a tough sell for me. (Thats 25 months until breakeven).

I hope it will stay at that price however, until they announce the new redone channel lineup in November.

If there's a lot of duplication, it probably will make sense for me to drop 1 or 2 of my XM subs and buy maybe 1 "BOXM" for one of my lifetime sirius radios.

Last edited: