Listening to Bubba on Terrestrial

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
Anybody check out what they're saying on the btls.com forums? I can't check there from work because of the ads they run.

Below is a post from the Bubba Forums from a poster called Bubbas_Third_Chin.

I emailed the show and got a response from Brent.

I didn't tune in until after 7am but I thought I heard Bubba say that the Sirius listeners were going to be mad because Bubba was going through some of the basics of who people are on the Terrestrial show.

Does that mean the the afternoon show is always going to be a replay of the morning show? Are you fucking serious?

That sucks big time. Will the Friday show at least be live?

I currently stream the AM show at work when I can. I deal with the all the local stuff because I am listening to a local show, but now it's gonna be every day? This feels like I am paying $13 a month for second hand radio.

I would rather have Podcast Willie over Sloppy Seconds Jones.

bubbas_third_chin

Hers is his response. I hope Brent doesn't get heat with me for posting it.

Chin,

First it was an economic problem. So Sirius, Cox, Howard and us all comprimised. Friday will be live and Sirius exclusive. We will also have some regular Sirius only programming very soon. I know it sucks, but we all had to do it, basically because of the sheer economics of the sitiuation. I do undertand your frustration.

Thanks,

Brent

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
So Sirius, Cox, Howard and us all comprimised?

Yeah they comprimised and FUCKED the loyal listeners. When Howard called in to Bubba to announce he was "coming back" there wasn't even a HINT of something like this.
As far as I'm concerned they didn't resign.

edweird

Nov 18, 2008
Daytona Beach, FL
I will give it a listen before I decide whether I like it or not, but my immediate reaction is that if the new thing is "Bubba Light", I'll be getting less for my $irius $ubscription, and that's not something that's good.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
This is no different from when O&A fucked their satrad listeners. There is no way to give a simultaneous FM and sat show and still keep up the "uncensored" content. If I was a Bubba fan I'd be pissed.

Last edited:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I guess I took the semi-exclusive for what they were already doing. One Sat show and one FM show. So they were not exclusive to Sirius.

Silly me.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Sounds to me like the 'economics of the situation' means they didn't want to pay Bubba shit, so they worked out a cheapass deal just to replay his show and try to keep his fans happy and prevent them from cancelling.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
The Howard Stern Show? ;) I sure do still find it enteraining! ;)
As for Bubba? As far as I'm concerned he left Sat radio at the end of Dec. :( It was enteraining while it was around.